Honored Contributor

No matter the time of day, always keep your cell phone in your hand when walking alone and:

Add pepper spray, an ear-piercing whistle, & a kubaton (pointy self-defense weapon) to your keychain   Always keep this in your other hand.

Plus add a keychain stun gun if permissible in your area.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

No matter the time of day, always keep your cell phone in your hand when walking alone and:

Add pepper spray, an ear-piercing whistle, & a kubaton (pointy self-defense weapon) to your keychain   Always keep this in your other hand.

Plus add a keychain stun gun if permissible in your area.

I have this thing on my keychain that's some kind of alarm.  It's a bulbous looking piece and you pull out the pin to make it go off. I've yet to hear it because loud noises freak me out (PTSD) and make my tinnitis go into overdrive.  But I guess it makes a really loud noise.

I also have some pepper spray or something like that.  I should put that in my car.  I forgot I had it. Thanks!  Smiley Happy  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 .. I was going to comment to your post, 

however, other posters said exactly what I was going to.  Just pray, with your attitude, that nothing ever

happens to you.  One does not have to be careless to

be attacked, they just have to be in the right place at the right time, but being careful can help safe a life.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

May I add:  the women talked, saw and were going to help Bundy too!!  Be prepared.

You can never  be too careful!!!

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 .. I was going to comment to your post, 

however, other posters said exactly what I was going to.  Just pray, with your attitude, that nothing ever

happens to you.  One does not have to be careless to

be attacked, they just have to be in the right place at the right time, but being careful can help safe a life.

@Lindsays Grandma 

I think you misunderstood my comments.   I am extremely careful ... always have been.  Years ago my employer had the local police come in and do their women's self defense lectures for whomever wanted to attend. 

I was raised to be cautious and keep personal safety in mind, but even then the lecture seemed like such obvious precautions ... who wouldn't do that?  Don't most mothers at least mention safety to their daughters?  Well, not everyone, apparently.

And it you're not cautious, you could end up in the wrong place at the wrong time.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

One can never be reminded too often to take heed and to keep their wits when out and about.  We live in a dangerous world.  This reminder is timely for women, especially!

Thx for sharing; I intend to pass it along.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Frequent Contributor
My son asked me WHY it changed and is so different. I really could not give him much of an answer.