Esteemed Contributor

Let's put the shoe on the other foot, shall we?

How would you feel if on a holiday, and the bank is closed, you need to withdraw some cash.

You go to the bank and try to use your card to get in to use the ATM, but for whatever reason, it won't unlock the door.

You see another patron inside, and as they come out, they close the door in your face, denying you access to use your bank ATM.

I'm betting that you would be hopping mad and posting how rude that person was to you.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

There's a BOA not far from us that has entry with your card like that.. strange as it's the only one we've seen nor did we use it... it's like a satellite bank or something..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50   Same thing, without a doubt

Respected Contributor

In our area there is one bank that has an indoor ATM, but I don't remember needing the debit card to open the door to the space where it's located.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  No, I wouldn't have felt that person was rude.  As another poster pointed out there are other places to get cash.  There are Citibank machines in all our local Walgreens where the ATM is out in the open.  Security measures are there for a reason and I don't expect others to solve my problems.

Esteemed Contributor

It´s usually more convenient for me to get cash back from the supermarket. Just yesterday I needed 300 so I bought 1 pack of gum for each transaction at the self check out. Most supermarket only allow 100 cash back except for our Publix, They allow 50.

I would have held the door open for the person and I have done that before. We are all on camera and I´m sure they can tell the difference if something went wrong.

I believe if it was another woman trying to get in, the OP would have held the door open for her.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04  No, I wouldn't have.  A woman went into the ATM area ahead of me and I did not, would not expect her to let me in also.  I waited until the door closed and used my own card.  

Honored Contributor

We have a few of those ATM's buildings with locked doors in the area where I live.  You need to use your bank ATM or credit card to get in.

i don't use them often, but if I do, I always make sure the door is closed behind me when I leave.  If your card will not open the door, it probably won't work in the ATM machine either.

If you are a customer and your card won't unlock the door, it is your responsibility to get a new one and not my problem.

The locked doors are a security feature and the bank wants to know exactly who is accessing their facility and  equipment. They want more than a fuzzy video picture.  Unfortunately, many people are up to no good.

I would do the same as the OP.  

Honored Contributor

The polite thing would have been to allow him to enter as you were exiting imo.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Anonymous032819  No, I wouldn't have felt that person was rude.  As another poster pointed out there are other places to get cash.  There are Citibank machines in all our local Walgreens where the ATM is out in the open.  Security measures are there for a reason and I don't expect others to solve my problems.

I'm sorry that you can't, or won't put yourself in another's situation.

Then we wonder why there is so much rudeness in the world.

We want other to do for us, but we won't do the same for them.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.