Honored Contributor

A very sad moment ...Store closing☹️☹️☹️☹️

I went to our local & closest Bed Bath & Beyond today this was on door.  I was just there Tuesday before Thanksgiving no signs about "closing".   

The staff was told Black Friday and liquidation company came in removed (I noticed) Kuerig products, all china & crystal and upper end items, ie Dyson, Shark, etc.

Store will be 30% off week before Christmas -- week of Christmas 35% until 75% .  Closing 12/31/19☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

0A8B1205-1FCB-4CB5-8CFF-B06492C2FECE.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: A very sad moment ...Store closing☹️☹️☹️☹️

Ours closed too . I didn’t realize how much I liked it until it was gone . Often there was a nearly empty parking lot in front so I wasn’t too shocked to see it close though.

Honored Contributor

The sign in the window says they lost their lease.  maybe they will reopen at another nearby location

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was reported the beginning of October that BBB was going to close 60 stores by the end of 2019. @homedecor1  I'm sorry yours was one of them.

In full disclosure I don't shop there often--It is a bit too big and warehouse feeling for me to take in with sensory overload. I was there recently though to replenish a product I highly recommend. It is a spot remover called Whip It and works like a miracle. While there I found UGG rugs that I love. I hosted a party a few weeks ago and several of my friends love them too and were on their phones ordering immediately. I guess that is the plus side to the digital world in which we live.

Trusted Contributor

Sadly, we may see the end of stores with doors. The on-line retail market is swallowing up everything in its path. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's sad.  I shop at BBB often and would miss our store if it closed.  Who knows?  it might be closing soon?   I'll never get used to online shopping - I'd much rather shop in a store where I can see and inspect everything I buy.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I'm very sorry to hear this and hope mine doesn't close. When I hear the names of B&M stores closing - most I do NOT shop in for many years. I do go to BBB and enjoy the browsing experience even if I do not buy.

They have great name brands and I hope they are recorganizibg and won't close all their stores

also love their coupons

Honored Contributor

Our local one is closing right after Christmas as well. There is hardly anything left in it right now. It is sad, because it was a huge store, and my Mom and I loved going in there to browse around....It seems to be the norm these days for these big stores.....It's rather sad!

Honored Contributor

As with some other stores, BB&B most likely sells more stuff from their website and the inventory online is probably more substantial than what you see, or have seen, on their store shelves.

Honored Contributor

Our store in downtown Chicago just closed completely.  The "store closing" sign had been up since October.  It was a large store right on State Street and I wonder what will replace it.  I miss it a lot although there are 2 others within a 30 minute bus ride.