Esteemed Contributor

Re: A very sad moment ...Store closing☹️☹️☹️☹️

@homedecor1 

Even though I no longer shop at stores very much, it makes me sad to see any store close.  It means people are losing their jobs.

There is a huge BB&B in my area and I'm wondering if they will be closing too.

Honored Contributor

I surely wouldn't miss if my local BB&B store closed. They still carry the same items from when it opened years ago. No new styles whatsoever. It's one horrible store! Bub bye!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

BBB owns Christmas Tree Shops and they are popping up all over the place around here,  I have several to shop in that are close to wear I live and they are always busy.

They own other stores as well.  I see that they are closing 60 stores, but it appears they are redirecting their interests.

Regular Contributor

@homedecor1 Ours just closed as well but I heard that we are getting a Home Goods to replace it so that makes me happy!

It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

It seems BB&B are losing leases quite often. 

I used to shop there quite a bit back home but in  recent years I think the quality has suffered. 

Then, at least here, they turned the store into aisles of make-up, shampoo, etc. 

For me that was the final turn-off.  I think they over stocked with items that are cheaper elsewhere.

I want to look at towels, not false eyelashes. LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sure hope the Bed, Bath & Beyond nearest to me isnt closing....but I did notice it is really starting to get junked up....with a lot of "clearance stuff" thrown on shelves and bins near a major aisle....but it looks like they are re-arranging some parts of the store...so hopefully thats the reason for the disheavled look....

Although BB&B is closing some stores, I also heard its opening some new stores too...so perhaps they are just getting rid of the low performing stores...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

When I lived in NY, we had a large BB&B across the street from my job.  It was always busy.  In addition, there was a Harmon Face Values in the store, so I could use my BB&B coupons for toothpaste, hair & makeup, etc.  Much cheaper prices than CVS and those other drugstores. They also have an international food market.  

Where I live now, a BB&B opened about 2 years ago, according to my cousin.  No Harmon and the store is small.  It's better than nothing, but gosh I miss the NY store.

Honored Contributor

Mine closed 5 weeks ago, sad day for me too, and for all my coupons!!

Honored Contributor

I have two stores near me, one of them closed. I will be sad if the other one closes. I don't go often, but I do like to browse around when I get in the neighborhood of the store.

Trusted Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Yes, it's sad.  I shop at BBB often and would miss our store if it closed.  Who knows?  it might be closing soon?   I'll never get used to online shopping - I'd much rather shop in a store where I can see and inspect everything I buy.  

@tototwo 

I am feeling very sad today.  I decided to get out and shop for some Christmas things...and I see our BBB is also leaving.  They are in their final days near me with practically nothing left in the store.    I also went to AC Moore to pick up a few things...and they are also going out of business.  Recently our Pier 1 closed a couple months ago.  Theses were 3 places I really enjoyed shopping.   But those days are gone.  I have to agree...I like to see things that I buy.  On line shopping is ok but not the same as shopping in a store.