Respected Contributor

Re: A product used in a unintended way

@dex wrote:

I use powdered red pepper or cayenne pepper to deter slugs,ants and it seems to be keeping raccoons away too.

I also sprinkle this in my vegetable gardens to keep Rabits from eating my produce! Always worked for me!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

When I buy a large plant for the outside and want to display it in a nice container,  instead of transplanting it and filling the container with soil,  I put flower pots inside, upside down, and put the plant on the top flower pots.   It normally takes 1 or two pots and you just balance the plant for display on top.  I try to match it up so the tops are almost level.  If your plant is fairly full, you won't even be able to see into the container, you'll just see the beautiful plant in the pot.

That way I don't have to buy bags of potting soil.

That's much better than what I do! At Christmas I like to place small poinsettias in my antique crocks. One has a narrow mouth but is deep. To keep the plant from dropping all the way in, I find an old large can ( like the large can of tomato sauce) and place it (unopened) in the bottom and sit polar on top! It works well and no harm is done to can as I cover it with plastic wrap! (I do rinse off the top before returning it to my pantry!) I'll have to get a small planter instead! Thanks!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Jumbo binder clips make the best bag clips!

Hey @MacDUFF Woman Very Happy,

That's a great idea! You can also use these to keep your tubes of toothpaste from coming un-rolled. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee

Excellent!  Why didn't I think of that??

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Somewhere on TV I recently saw this idea:  Use those large binder clips to hang your frozen vegetables in your freezer.  Clip them onto the wire racks, and hang them upright, if your freezer has wire racks/shelves.  ('Well,I don't know'.........it sounded good at the time.......lol.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I use manuka honey to kill corns on my feet...esp the soft ones that form in between toes.For some reason it causes the corn to get really painful and then it just begins to break down and go away....sorry for the gross tip.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Use your dishwasher to clean hair brushes and combs, but remove the hairs before!download.jpg 

Remove them before the dry-cycle starts. They could melt.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I use manuka honey to kill corns on my feet...esp the soft ones that form in between toes.For some reason it causes the corn to get really painful and then it just begins to break down and go away....sorry for the gross tip.

@dex,

Wow! I have a few corns on my feet right now. I need to get some of that manuka honey. Thanks for the tip. But why does it make them hurt before they go away??

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Yes it does for some reason but keep at it and they break down and go.We take that honey and mix it with warm water fresh lemon grated ginger and a little fresh cracked pepper when we are getting a cold and it really makes you get better quicker too.I also put it on cold sores to get rid of them quickly.That honey is amazing.I buy it at trader joes.JUST don't overheat it or you kill the healing enzymes.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I should mention that I don't have any health issues do if you do you should check with your doc to be sure that is okay for you to use.