Esteemed Contributor

The grass in this little patch just stopped growing and clover weeds took over so I had it all pulled and will create a sitting area. 

IMG_8082.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Looks nice and you can put some planters out there for greenery.

Respected Contributor

Strange it just stopped growing...

Valued Contributor

That was a good idea ...looks nice .

Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak 

Nice, a practical solution to an annoying problem.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak,

I'm laughing because when we had our townhouse and a small front yard with grass, after several years of trying to get it to look like my neighbors, I said ok, I'm just going to have cement over it all and that will be that lol!

I mean I tried lime-did it myself raking the glop all over, I mean everything my neighbor advised. His was beautiful. Well it just wasn't to be.

I salute you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: A little change

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak , you fixed that problem!  

I totally get why people get rid of grass.  It can be a real nuisance  to manage.  You can now soften the look of the concrete with some planters and a place to sit.  Great job!

Honored Contributor

For SAFETY reasons, I would add a 6' decorative fence (like wrought iron) and a LOCKING gate if you intend to sit out there.      

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: A little change

[ Edited ]

Looks very nice but where does the water go when it rains? I don't see a drain.

Honored Contributor

I love it!  To me,. grass is way over-rated!!!!!!  I seem to always end up with weeds or clover.

I did something similar to your picture in the back area of my townhouse.  I added an area of pachysandra to add a bit of greenery.