Honored Contributor

Re: A couple Facebook questions

@Sage04 @I think FB thinks we are friends even though I don't recall  approving friend requests from any of these people.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

If your friends with them you can unfollow them so you don't see their posts but they will not know.  If you block them they will most likely know.

To see messages you go to the facebook messenger.

I don't recall following them. @

@spumoni99 How do I unfollow them. That would be great. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess @You don't know how lucky you are. These are all nice people, but watching anyone's vacation pictures is so boring. 

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 @No, that's not it. 

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 @I am receiving emails from FB about people, including my friends and their friends. It's probably in the settings. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D  if Facebook thinks these people are your Friends, they will be in your Friends list and you can delete them.

It sounds like it's a lot of pics, so maybe they are tagging you.  On Facebook it might say above the post Poster's Name is with Judy and 9 others.  Your name might be one of the 9 others.  To fix that change this setting: If the radio button is blue for Anyone or Friends of Friends, change it to Friends and then scroll down and turn the E-mail Radio button to grey.  Push will simply show up on as a notification on your Facebook page or in the App, no E-mails.

Friends of Friends.jpg

Valued Contributor

I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know with a few exceptions.  There are a few ladies from Facebook where we are connected through hobbies and they are nice and I am friends with them.  I've accepted friend requests of people that are friends or relatives of my friends.  I don't personally know them but like they are my cousin's best friend so I am assuming they are ok.  I don't want to hurt their feelings.  Some seem like really nice people.

Honored Contributor

Huh?   People email you to tell you they posted something on Facebook.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

In the upper right hand corner of the screen are four bubbles - one of them has a "zig/zag" (on my computer it's the second one).

If you put your cursor on the bubble it will say "messenger."  

We use it as a real-time chat - and use it a lot!  We post links, pictures, etc.,etc.  

Very handy!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree @No. Facebook emails me about their posts.