Honored Contributor

I get emails for posts from friends of friends of me. If I block them, will they know? I don't want to hurt their feelings; I just don't want to see the emails of their vacations. They are always somewhere. I usually just delete the email, but I'd like to know about this?

If you are on Facebook, how do you open messages in Messenger? How do you see the messages? I've avoided using it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: A couple Facebook questions

You get emails notifying you of posts?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D    I can not help about the friend thing on Facebook, I only have account to sell things - no interaction with 'friends'...cause I don't have any.

I do use messenger.  Generally I am notified I have a message via email...then I go to facebook the messenger tab/buttoon at the top will be 'active' or have a check mark, a number...SOMETHING to let you know you have a message, just click on it.

I have used messenger when I cannot find the contact info for a company that I want to contact, I have found they are more responsive to facebook than an email.  Hope I have not confused you!  

Respected Contributor

I would block them and not worry about it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

You get emails notifying you of posts?

@gidgetgh  that's what I was wondering also.Sometimes messages come through your email but only from YOUR Friend not a friend of a friend.

Respected Contributor

If your friends with them you can unfollow them so you don't see their posts but they will not know.  If you block them they will most likely know.

To see messages you go to the facebook messenger.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I get emails for posts from friends of friends of me. If I block them, will they know? I don't want to hurt their feelings; I just don't want to see the emails of their vacations. They are always somewhere. I usually just delete the email, but I'd like to know about this?

If you are on Facebook, how do you open messages in Messenger? How do you see the messages? I've avoided using it. 

@Mindy D  as far as I know they won't know if you block them. You can also snooze them for 30 days.

Concerning messenger I think you would have to download it (don't remember for sure) I've had it forever.  The icon for Messenger is at the right hand corner next to the Notifications icon. It's resembles a lightening bolt.

Esteemed Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

If your friends with them you can unfollow them so you don't see their posts but they will not know.  If you block them they will most likely know.

@spumoni99  I think @Mindy D  meant the friends of her friends. I've never done it but maybe she can unfollow friends of your friends.

Respected Contributor

If they were friends blocking them will essentially unfriend them and they probably will know because they won't see them on FB any longer, unless they think she has deleted her account.  Unfollowing is permanent until you change it and nobody is the wiser I have done this with family members that think facebook is a political platform.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

@spumoni99  I think @Mindy D  meant the friends of her friends. I've never done it but maybe she can unfollow friends of your friends.

I think you can only unfollow if your friends, not sure how she is seeing friends of her friends?