Respected Contributor

A NEW LOW PLEASE MODS ADDRESS THIS

FOR ME, QVC HAS DEFINITELY HIT A NEW LOW.  YES, I AM SCREAMING.

My daughter wanted to order Crepe Erase, and I let her do that on my account.  She always pays me back, so this is nothing new and just fine with me.

Her box arrived a couple of days ago. Since she was out of town it just got opened.  First the box was clearly marked Guthy Renker. It had not been concealed in any way.  Guthy Renker had a commercial going on tv at the time she opened the box. The price at GR is $39.95, plus there is an additional (third) item included.  Their shipping is free per the commercial.

QVC used this same GR box, and charged my daughter $89.90. That's a $50.00 upcharge, and no shame involved.  Do they really think that their regular (or irregular) customers are going to stand for this insult?  I'd love to hear what others think.  I don't like working with Guthy Renker, but I don't like being shafted either.

Respected Contributor

Re: A NEW LOW PLEASE MODS ADDRESS THIS

Often times the GR price to get the product home looks very inexpensive but it is followed by 3 or more additional payments if you keep the product. This is always not quite so obvious. Could this be the case here? If not, there does seem to be quite a price difference. 

Honored Contributor

That would definitely have me sending it back.

I wonder if they are the same amount in ounces? The Guthy Renker site doesn't show the ounces even when you zoom in.

But I would return it anyway. 

It sounds wonderful but when that commercial came on awhile ago, I searched reviews and most all say it did nothing.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

Often times the GR price to get the product home looks very inexpensive but it is followed by 3 or more additional payments if you keep the product. This is always not quite so obvious. Could this be the case here? If not, there does seem to be quite a price difference. 

I find the wording on the GR site confusing but they did list a number. I would call for clarification before using their site. 18007701886

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

My daughter wanted to order Crepe Erase, and I let her do that on my account.  She always pays me back, so this is nothing new and just fine with me.

Her box arrived a couple of days ago. Since she was out of town it just got opened.  First the box was clearly marked Guthy Renker. It had not been concealed in any way.  Guthy Renker had a commercial going on tv at the time she opened the box. The price at GR is $39.95, plus there is an additional (third) item included.  Their shipping is free per the commercial.

QVC used this same GR box, and charged my daughter $89.90. That's a $50.00 upcharge, and no shame involved.  Do they really think that their regular (or irregular) customers are going to stand for this insult?  I'd love to hear what others think.  I don't like working with Guthy Renker, but I don't like being shafted either.

@PerkupSorry to read about this but I have to ask...did the product work?? 

Honored Contributor

Whenever I see those low prices on Gunthy Renker, I always assume it's a 30 day sample size.   Then you are on auto delivery for the regular size at the REAL price.

Respected Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@SunValley ~ I believe you are right on this.  Years ago, I purchased Victoria Principle's "Reclaim" through GR infomercial for the infamous amount of $39.95.  I canceled future shipments

within a few days of receiving product, and they kept charging my CC for the next few months.  It finally was resolved, but what aggravation😤  I made sure never to purchase from these 

rip off artists again.  Buyer beware!😈🐍

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand your complaint.  It is up to you, the consumer, to shop around for the best prices.  Why are you mad at QVC for the upcharge?  That is how companies make money--off people who don't do their research. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@SunValley ~ I believe you are right on this.  Years ago, I purchased Victoria Principle's "Reclaim" through GR infomercial for the infamous amount of $39.95.  I canceled future shipments

within a few days of receiving product, and they kept charging my CC for the next few months.  It finally was resolved, but what aggravation😤  I made sure never to purchase from these 

rip off artists again.  Buyer beware!😈🐍

------------------

I know several people who have ordered products from GR and then wanted to cancel their orders/

account. They had a very difficult time getting it closed.           Every month - for several months - a new package

arrived and a new charge on credit card - even though they had requested the cancellation of the orders. Their ads do look inviting, but I would never order from that company.

Get your refund back from the Q for sure!!!

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

The moderators wouldn't address this -- it would be customer service.  

I would bet that (like another poster said) that the $39.95 is just a payment and not the full price OR they're much smaller sizes.  Either way, it's up to the customer to shop around.  It's not QVC's fault that she didn't buy it from the place where it was cheaper.