Esteemed Contributor

Learn to say:  That's on you.

" Your behavior is on you.  The way you

move is on you.  The choices you make

are all on you.  The way you live, it's all

on you.  Stop absorbing the pain of other

people, recognize what belongs to you and

what doesn't."

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Right on @Lindsays Grandma ❤️☕️

Honored Contributor

That last one doesn't seem possible if you are a mother.

Or even a sister, brother, daughter.

I guess it depends on what kind of person you are.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

That last one doesn't seem possible if you are a mother.

Or even a sister, brother, daughter.

I guess it depends on what kind of person you are.

@on the bay   I think it depends on the person reading anything that is in print, and how they decipher it.  Incidentally, I don't make these up.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma -

I know, I guess that was just my initial reaction as i always feel like I'm happy when my kids are and sad and worried when they are.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma -

I know, I guess that was just my initial reaction as i always feel like I'm happy when my kids are and sad and worried when they are.

@on the bay - I couldn't agree more! I always tell my children - when you hurt I hurt more; when you are sad, so am I; when something good happens to you, I can't contain the joy in my heart. 

Every parent puts a child before him or herself. 

Someday when they are parents they will know. All moms are like that!

@Lindsays Grandma - I love your quotes and look forward to reading them! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom -

Thank you.

I guess all moms know and feel the same waySmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

WOW! @Lindsays Grandma 

Stop absorbing the pain of other

people, recognize what belongs to you and

what doesn't."

This quote spoke volumes to me! Sometimes we inadvertently absorb the pain AND misery of others without being acutely aware; at least that has been my experience.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖