Respected Contributor

A Little Something to Make your Thanksgiving Even Brighter

[ Edited ]

Today I was looking into one of my seldom used cookbooks and came upon this card from QVC.   It starts out with A Little Something to Make Your Thanksgiving Even Brighter.   Choose Easy Pay on Request and extend your Payments.  It then tells me that I can request 6 easy payments on any new item over $50.00 from now until December 31 and then another one from January 1 to January 31.

The card was from 2008.  Does anyone else remember these once a year gifts?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Little Something to Make your Thanksgiving Even Brighter

I remember those cards, all the hosts signed them and they were usually Hallmark cards.  Memories. ❤️

Trusted Contributor

Yes...I remember getting those cards.

Now it doesn't appeal to me...the 6 easy payments.  I think it would be nice if they gave you a credit of some kind (wouldn't even have to be a big amount) or a coupon code for free shipping on an item or two.   Especially if you've been a long-standing customer.

A girl can dream, can't she?!

Valued Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

Today I was looking into one of my seldom used cookbooks and came upon this card from QVC.   It starts out with A Little Something to Make Your Thanksgiving Even Brighter.   Choose Easy Pay on Request and extend your Payments.  It then tells me that I can request 6 easy payments on any new item over $50.00 from now until December 31 and then another one from January 1 to January 31.

The card was from 2008.  Does anyone else remember these once a year gifts?

I was thrilled when I received one of those cards (Thanksgiving and again at Christmas) ...  Easy pays were few and far between so this meant you could buy something a little more expensive than usual.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM

Yep I remember thosecards signed by all the hosts. I thought it was a nice touch and made me feel appreciated as a customer Woman Very Happy.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@CLEM    I recall that the card you are speaking of was a little card insert which was inside a regular sized holiday card and that is what was signed by the hosts. Is my memory correct?

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Respected Contributor

I remember getting them, too. In addition to the hosts, Murphy (Dan’s dog who was frequently on Dan’s shows) put his paw print on it. 

Respected Contributor

@Tique  I don't remember how it came.  It's been so long.  It's possible it was the way you recall.  But I do remember receiving a card also for my birthday with host's signatures and possibly an easy pay offer.  Since my birthday is also around Christmas time, perhaps they were all together.  But I don't really remember.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Who can forget Murphy?   

I guess the days of when QVC was sort of a very nice smallish company are long gone.

Honored Contributor

I too remember them.  However, even though the sentiment was nice, I didn't then, nor do I now consider Easy Pay to be a gift.