Contributor

Re: A Fool and His Money are Soon Parted

While eating a frozen crab cake...your friends will all drop dead from the sheer glamour and elegance dripping from that card.
Honored Contributor

I don't do christmas trees, so maybe I'm the wrong one to judge it.  But my biggest question isn't how appealing (or unappealing, IMO) the tree is, but what about makes it worth $700???

I'm all for people having what they like.   I just don't get the price.   Even if I loved it I can't imagine looking at it and thinking 'yeah, that's worth $700'.

Super Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't do christmas trees, so maybe I'm the wrong one to judge it.  But my biggest question isn't how appealing (or unappealing, IMO) the tree is, but what about makes it worth $700???

I'm all for people having what they like.   I just don't get the price.   Even if I loved it I can't imagine looking at it and thinking 'yeah, that's worth $700'.

I agree.  Even right side up, I'm not paying $700.00 for an artificial Christmas tree...

Esteemed Contributor

The upside down trees I've seen in garden centers haven't been close to $700. Far be it from me tho to criticize what they spend their money on. I've known people who splurge on cars and others who only buy used for instance even tho they could well afford a new car or two.

Btw, it's not an amount I would have in my budget but for those who do, that's great and enjoy !
Honored Contributor

If LR posts a facebook picture of this in her living room, it will sell like hotcakes!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

PamfromCT wrote

@PamfromCT wrote:

Well, I'm thinking of ordering it.  Then I'd be sent on a long "vacation" by hubby.  He'd probably tell me I was going to a "spa," but I'd know differently.  Especially when they tried to put a funny type of jacket on me.  I do enjoy arts and crafts, so I could build a whole Christmas village with Popsicle sticks.

Sorry folks, I do have an irreverent sense of humor.  

Love your sense of humor! Don't ever lose it! If I went for this my DH too would have me in that nice little padded room, in that stylish jacket (sleeves are a tad too long though). We could work on that Christmas village together! And sing Christmas carols in harmony!

Thank you, my dear.  Sorry there are some posters who can't see the humor in this.  The price   Every year we go to a museum in Hartford called "The Festival of Trees."  Groups or individuals decorate artifical trees for display and they are offered for sale.  Many spectacular trees!  All proceeds go to charity.  Never seen an upside down tree.

We are not laughing at a person, nor anyone's core belief.  Geez, I hope we can share a few laughs once in a while.

Honored Contributor

@sailor moon wrote:

@AnotherView2 wrote:

H 143024   It's a 7 and a half foot UPSIDE DOWN White Christmas tree for the price of $653.77 plus $44.72 shipping. 

h143024.jpg

At first I thought it looked sort of phallic, but it looks more like a woman's reproductive system made out of pipe cleaners.

LOL... Or a pair of Victoria's Secret fuzzy bikini panties from their Christmas collection.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I had a friend that paid a lot more than that for an upside down tree.  It was gorgeous with all the trimmings.  She had a flare for the unique.  She passed about ten years ago.  Don't know if her husband still uses it or if he put it out with the trash.

Valued Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

@CorrTor wrote:

I thought this was a joke!!!  Who in their right mind would buy this?!?!???

My understanding was that they were for people with small apartments and not much floor space. So no, you don't have to be out of your mind, just wanting to celebrate despite the circumstances.

@Kjelle  Well, to me, it would actually be the 'slim' variety of Christmas trees that would help those with small homes and lacking floor space. If you placed the upside-down tree right side up, you still need the same amount of room since in order to put it in a corner of a room, there has to be enough clearance for the largest diameter part of the tree...whether upside down or right side up.

With a slim tree...or even the real slim trees called 'pencil' trees, it's a much better solution Smiley Happy

And chances are, if you live in a small apartment, spending $700 for a Christmas tree probably isn't a good idea.... That could be close to a month's rent in some places! 

Honored Contributor

@AnotherView2 wrote:

H 143024   It's a 7 and a half foot UPSIDE DOWN White Christmas tree for the price of $653.77 plus $44.72 shipping. 

h143024.jpg

.............Seems as though it's top-heavy (or bottom-heavy up on top).  Wouldn't it just 'fall over' ????

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).