Super Contributor

Re: A Fool and His Money are Soon Parted

It's common in homes of Eastern European cultures; not my cup of tea, but then I didn't grow up with this custom, and isn't that what often defines 'weird' and 'right'. [wink wink]

Honored Contributor

A friend of mine is a designer, and she decorates dozens of trees in her shop for the holidays.  She does several upside down trees.  I don't have a use for one, but they can be very beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Just because you can dream something up, doesn't mean it's a good idea.  Regular trees are known to tip over, this design has all the weight at the top making it dangerous.

Respected Contributor

PamfromCT wrote

@PamfromCT wrote:

Well, I'm thinking of ordering it.  Then I'd be sent on a long "vacation" by hubby.  He'd probably tell me I was going to a "spa," but I'd know differently.  Especially when they tried to put a funny type of jacket on me.  I do enjoy arts and crafts, so I could build a whole Christmas village with Popsicle sticks.

Sorry folks, I do have an irreverent sense of humor.  

Love your sense of humor! Don't ever lose it! If I went for this my DH too would have me in that nice little padded room, in that stylish jacket (sleeves are a tad too long though). We could work on that Christmas village together! And sing Christmas carols in harmony!
Honored Contributor

Upside down must be the way of many things, remember a couple of years ago Kaley Cuoca's upside down wedding cake.  It was different.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well........the Sasquatch takes trees and uproots them and forces the tree back into the ground upside down.  It marks his territory and warns others of his area. 

No, I don't think I would want my tree upside down if I had one.  I have seen much smaller ones that appear almost like Chandeliers or candelabras hanging and they look very attractive when decorated.   

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

people have been doing upside down christmas trees for years.....nothing really new. i know that in some of our home and garden centers that do huge displays for the holidays (in fact they are already setting up their displays and began late august) there are upside down christmas trees.

if you go shopping at any of these types of stores then you will see that there is  a big price range for trees and $700 is not out of line for a good quality tree that will last you for years. i bought an artificial tree about 6 years ago and spent $400 on it at the end of the holidays when they were half price and i am still using it.

In my area where I live, the trees start at about $800 for a small and the average is about $1200.  I agree, the upside down tree is not new and appeals to those that like it that way. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Huh ?      Well, I guess if you really like to be different, this is definitely the way to go ....  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@AnotherView2 wrote:

H 143024   It's a 7 and a half foot UPSIDE DOWN White Christmas tree for the price of $653.77 plus $44.72 shipping. 

h143024.jpg

At first I thought it looked sort of phallic, but it looks more like a woman's reproductive system made out of pipe cleaners.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

My Christmas card this year is going to be me sitting under this tree, outfitted in Breezies , Jessica Simpson spike heels and the hair grow helmet on my wened head.......all compliments of QVC !