Honored Contributor

Re: A Fool and His Money are Soon Parted

i hate the look of an upside down tree-HORRIBLE!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@CorrTor wrote:

I thought this was a joke!!!  Who in their right mind would buy this?!?!???

My understanding was that they were for people with small apartments and not much floor space. So no, you don't have to be out of your mind, just wanting to celebrate despite the circumstances.

@Kjelle  Well, to me, it would actually be the 'slim' variety of Christmas trees that would help those with small homes and lacking floor space. If you placed the upside-down tree right side up, you still need the same amount of room since in order to put it in a corner of a room, there has to be enough clearance for the largest diameter part of the tree...whether upside down or right side up.

With a slim tree...or even the real slim trees called 'pencil' trees, it's a much better solution Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I'm thinking of ordering it.  Then I'd be sent on a long "vacation" by hubby.  He'd probably tell me I was going to a "spa," but I'd know differently.  Especially when they tried to put a funny type of jacket on me.  I do enjoy arts and crafts, so I could build a whole Christmas village with Popsicle sticks.

Sorry folks, I do have an irreverent sense of humor.  

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Well, I'm thinking of ordering it.  Then I'd be sent on a long "vacation" by hubby.  He'd probably tell me I was going to a "spa," but I'd know differently.  Especially when they tried to put a funny type of jacket on me.  I do enjoy arts and crafts, so I could build a whole Christmas village with Popsicle sticks.

Sorry folks, I do have an irreverent sense of humor.  

@PamfromCT  Hysterical! Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now we know "what to get the person who has everything"!!! Right? LOL Second thought, I guess it's a fake tree, or else how do you water it? ROFLOL. I gotta get out more!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Now we know "what to get the person who has everything"!!! Right? LOL Second thought, I guess it's a fake tree, or else how do you water it? ROFLOL. I gotta get out more!

@qualitygal   ooonooo.gif

Trusted Contributor

While this is not something I would purchase, I am disturbed by posts such as this.

There are things we all purchase that others might find foolish.  Perhaps it is makeup, clothing, handbags, shoes, etc.  Once we begin criticizing others' purchasing, we open our own purchases up to criticism.  Is that something we really want to do?

Besides, in the grand scheme of things, why is it anyone's business how others choose to spend their money?

Respected Contributor

The only fool here is QVC with that ridiculous price. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

We have friends who have one. They got it to keep their cats from toppling the tree or breaking the ornaments. When their kids came along it kept them safe as well.

Not sure if they'll continue to use it though. it was really very cool !
Honored Contributor

people have been doing upside down christmas trees for years.....nothing really new. i know that in some of our home and garden centers that do huge displays for the holidays (in fact they are already setting up their displays and began late august) there are upside down christmas trees.

if you go shopping at any of these types of stores then you will see that there is  a big price range for trees and $700 is not out of line for a good quality tree that will last you for years. i bought an artificial tree about 6 years ago and spent $400 on it at the end of the holidays when they were half price and i am still using it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein