Trusted Contributor

Re: 63 Sam’s Clubs Abruptly Closed Today

@elatedwrote:

wrote:

The bonus will only go to employees who are not impacted by the wage increases — meaning they already earn more than $11 per hour.

Among that group of employees, only those who have worked for Walmart for 20 years or more will get the full $1,000, Walmart told Business Insider.

Here's how the bonus payout breaks down:

-- $200: Less than 2 years of Walmart employment

-- $250: 2-4 years of Walmart employment

-- $300: 5-9 years of Walmart employment

-- $400: 10-14 years of Walmart employment

-- $750: 15-19 years of Walmart employment

-- $1,000: 20 years or more of Walmart employment

The bonus will be included in employees' paychecks in March, according to a copy of a Walmart memo posted to Reddit.

Walmart verified the facts in the memo to Business Insider.

Walmart also said Thursday that it was expanding maternity and parental-leave benefits, as well as creating a new benefit to assist with adoption expenses.

The company announced the pay increases and bonuses on the same day that it revealed it was closing 63 Sam's Club stores.

More than 11,000 employees are expected to lose their jobs as a result of the closures. Each Sam's Club store employs about 175 people, according to Walmart.

The company said late Thursday that fired employees would still be eligible for the cash bonus.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/walmart-touts-dollar1000-employee-bonuses-but-theres-a-cat...

My granddaughter told me the employees got raises at WalMart but they cut their hours. Her boyfriend works for Walmart. It figures, they treat their employees like ******.

I worked at Wal Mart, and while my manager was brutal, I have mostly good things to say about being an employee.  Not only was the pay fair, but you got an annual increase, the stock options were amazing, and they were one of the few that offered health insurance.  Compare that to 75% of the other retailers, and they come up short.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

@elatedwrote:

wrote:

The bonus will only go to employees who are not impacted by the wage increases — meaning they already earn more than $11 per hour.

Among that group of employees, only those who have worked for Walmart for 20 years or more will get the full $1,000, Walmart told Business Insider.

Here's how the bonus payout breaks down:

-- $200: Less than 2 years of Walmart employment

-- $250: 2-4 years of Walmart employment

-- $300: 5-9 years of Walmart employment

-- $400: 10-14 years of Walmart employment

-- $750: 15-19 years of Walmart employment

-- $1,000: 20 years or more of Walmart employment

The bonus will be included in employees' paychecks in March, according to a copy of a Walmart memo posted to Reddit.

Walmart verified the facts in the memo to Business Insider.

Walmart also said Thursday that it was expanding maternity and parental-leave benefits, as well as creating a new benefit to assist with adoption expenses.

The company announced the pay increases and bonuses on the same day that it revealed it was closing 63 Sam's Club stores.

More than 11,000 employees are expected to lose their jobs as a result of the closures. Each Sam's Club store employs about 175 people, according to Walmart.

The company said late Thursday that fired employees would still be eligible for the cash bonus.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/walmart-touts-dollar1000-employee-bonuses-but-theres-a-cat...

My granddaughter told me the employees got raises at WalMart but they cut their hours. Her boyfriend works for Walmart. It figures, they treat their employees like ******.

I worked at Wal Mart, and while my manager was brutal, I have mostly good things to say about being an employee.  Not only was the pay fair, but you got an annual increase, the stock options were amazing, and they were one of the few that offered health insurance.  Compare that to 75% of the other retailers, and they come up short.  

I worked at Walmart part time for eight weeks. I became ill and needed to quit. I guess you feel it is ok to be treated poorly as long as the benefits are good. I worked from 1 to 10 PM. My title was Jewelry Associate. That was very misleading. I did jewelry (sizing rings, ear piercing, change batteries in watches, sized bands, put on new watch bands). We were in charge of the perfume display, shoe department (getting inventory from the back open boxes and hang shoes on the proper hook. We were in charge of umbrellas, purses, wallets, fashion jewelry, hats, scarves, gloves. All items that went with shoes (laces, cleaning shoes). After we were ready to go home, we had to make sure everything was in place, sweep the floors and clean the glass disp!ay cases. We had to close out the register and take cash to be deposited. Many times we were left a!one to run the whole department. For this job, I got paid $11.30 per hour. I vowed never again. My Manager only cared about herself. Also, you had to get a CSM to cover your department before you could go to the restroom. 

Esteemed Contributor

So these folks think that one positive announcement will counteract all these closings and firings. Think again. We are not stupid. I’ve been ordering basic stuff from the WalMart website because I was sick. I’m much better now and I am done with them. Their personnel practices are nothing but bait and switch.

Respected Contributor

Just order online what you want. You must live in the Lower 48 where S & H rates aren't ridiculous.