Regular Contributor

Re: 600 POUND LIFE JAMES' STORY

I have always had issues with my weight...up and down, repeat. I have had days where I ate anything I wanted, and I have a terrible sweet tooth. I just can not wrap my head around how anybody gets as heavy as many of these people. It almost seems impossible.

Honored Contributor

James said he had a bad ankle injury and had been bedridden ever since- I am still befuddled at how could that be the primary cause of where he is today?  I just don't believe that excuse.  I broke my left ankle twice and tore a ligament but I wasn't bedridden.  Something doesn't add up to me.

I personally feel he's too scared to take responsibility for himself and make life better for him & his family.  When I saw how his GF and poor daughter & friends had to turn him to clean him from #2, I was sick.. how humiliating.  It's just puzzling to the max!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I saw that (Rolling and wiping his what-must-be enormous #2...I axxxxed myself:

"What EVER made you come back the SECOND time to do that????!?!?!?!?!"

Ever see how much an 800 pound horse excretes in a day?

And I loved when he called out to his girlfriend: "I just went to the bathroom!!!!"

Honored Contributor

Well, here's a question I never thought I'd ask but - was he just krapping in the bed, as he lie there, and that was the extent of what they had to clean up?    

It was never clear to me, as I watched, but I also didn't see any evidence that he was 'going' in any other manner.  I know he had a catheter for urination but didn't see how he managed for elimination.

Honored Contributor

When the fireman/EMS came to measure to see if he'd fit into the ambulance or back of a moving van, his legs were spread 5 feet across- 5 feet!!  Can you imagine not being able to bring your legs together & dealing with all that cellulitis? 

Made me wonder what those men were thinking when they have to come in to help Lisa and daughter move him to be cleaned. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Well, here's a question I never thought I'd ask but - was he just krapping in the bed, as he lie there, and that was the extent of what they had to clean up?    

It was never clear to me, as I watched, but I also didn't see any evidence that he was 'going' in any other manner.  I know he had a catheter for urination but didn't see how he managed for elimination.

@chickenbutt, he was lying on a tee tee pad for his #2.  The extent of cleaning up was his GF cleaned all around there and then decided to clean his wounds. 

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

Smoky wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt, he was lying on a tee tee pad for his #2.  The extent of cleaning up was his GF cleaned all around there and then decided to clean his wounds. 

Oh yeah, I did see that 'pad' but was hoping that he wasn't just eliminating as he lie there.   wow.

Well, no wonder he has extensive cellulitis!   The degree of bacteria in that environment has to be profound.  That is multiplied exponentially by the fact that there are all those folds creating places difficult to access.  Then, lying in the excrement - just wow, I guess.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Oh yeah, I did see that 'pad' but was hoping that he wasn't just eliminating as he lie there.   wow.

Well, no wonder he has extensive cellulitis!   The degree of bacteria in that environment has to be profound.  That is multiplied exponentially by the fact that there are all those folds creating places difficult to access.  Then, lying in the excrement - just wow, I guess.

@chickenbutt, I saw her pull that out from under him and almost got sick!!  It was disgusting and now all the world has seen this.. they must be so proud (yes I'm being a smarty pants).   

I have to completely agree about the degree of bacteria.. his legs looked like they were going to explode. 

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

Guess I lucked out - I missed that bit of horror.  Wow.    I think I was sitting here on my computer while I watched the show so I wasn't paying 100% attention.  Probably just as well!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

honestly, he would be better off in some kind of "home" where they can clean and bathe him and control what he eats.  It should be mandatory, he is killing himself and doesn't care.