Respected Contributor

I have the pleasure of celebrating a couple married 75 years in May. They have been together 78 years. Still hold hands, still think the other one hung the moon. I have never once heard a complaint from one about the other. They made a pact on their wedding day that there would be no name calling or holding grudges, and they stuck to it. They need nothing because they have everything—each other! They had plenty of trials, just like we all do, but the maturity and integrity they showed at 19 is amazing.

Will likely give them a gift card to a nice restaurant and a big hug! 

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I have the pleasure of celebrating a couple married 75 years in May. They have been together 78 years. Still hold hands, still think the other one hung the moon. I have never once heard a complaint from one about the other. They made a pact on their wedding day that there would be no name calling or holding grudges, and they stuck to it. They need nothing because they have everything—each other! They had plenty of trials, just like we all do, but the maturity and integrity they showed at 19 is amazing.

Will likely give them a gift card to a nice restaurant and a big hug! 

@SunValley   You made my day with that story!  I hope in another 30 years that will be my story!   

Respected Contributor

@Sooner I hope so too! And I’m very happy for you...congratulations.