Valued Contributor

\MY NIECE AND HUBBY  WILL BE HAVING A SURPRISE 50TH ONE NEXT MONTH I WAS THINKING OF GIVING THEM A MANTEL CLOCK  THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE. DO YO U THINK THATS A NICE GIFT . SOME ARE OVER 200   PRICE DOES NOT MATTER  MANY ON LINE WILL NOT BUY ON LINE HAVE 2 FURNITURE STORES HERE WILL TRY THEM.  HAVE TO SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE THANK YOU

Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123   If people have been married that long I'll bet the last think on earth they need or want it stuff.  Most are looking at giving away things at that time of life.  And they probaby aren't going to be thrilled with something to water, dust or display either.

A gift card for a meal out would be my best suggestion.  Or really a lovely card and handwritten note and any sort of gift card--large or small.  Maybe a gift card for a movie, coffee, a car wash, something like that.  

Honored Contributor

I don't want anymore stuff myself--been married for 44 years and am getting rid of alot of clutter. I think a family/friend, meal/party , maybe a BBQ, where the couple doesn't need to provide ANYTHING, would be so great!! Kind of like a family reunion. Good food, good company, lots of laughs and lots of pics being taken. Maybe take all the pics and have it made into a anniversary album. But no more-----stuff  !!!

Respected Contributor

@elizabethl123   I think that is a very nice gift.  Just my personal opinion, of course, but I really like to give and receive nicely wrapped presents and a card for a special, milestone, occasion like this.

Honored Contributor

I'm going on 52 yrs and for me: tickets to an event.  Do they live near a college that has things going on that you can get tickets for an event they might enjoy?  Your idea isn't bad, just as others have said, we aren't at the point of wanting to accumulate more things. Sorry.

Regular Contributor

Sooner has the right idea. 50 years of marriage most don't want more stuff. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think tickets to a show or their favorite sporting event.Or a gift card to their favorite restaurant would be appreciated more.

Being married nearly 40 years myself the last thing I need is more stuff.

Honored Contributor

What Sooner said.

We are married 43 years and I'm looking to get rid of stuff, not accumulate more.

Respected Contributor

Another suggestion, find out if they are doing anything special to celebrate the occasion (like a trip).  You could then give them something to use on the trip....a night out there perhaps.

Valued Contributor

I THANK ALL OF YOU  BEST PLACE TO GET HELP    I LIVE IN PA  NIECE IN STATEN ISLAND  HER 2 SONS IN NEW YORK   LOL WILL CALL ONE SON AND WILL TELL HIM TO GET A GIFT CARD FOR THERE FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT IN NEW YORK  THEY GO THERE FEW DAYS A WEEK TO VISIT THERE NEW G/ DAUGHTER   I THANK ALL OF YOU     BLESS ALL OF YOU