Respected Contributor

I just don't understand the outrage this show sparks with some.  If you don't like it, don't watch it.  But there's nothing wrong with it. Every single thing on television including commercials are more risqué than this show.  People who think otherwise must not be able to watch tv at all lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 50 & Fabulous!

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, QVC is  frequently running so many   " special " pricing  only during the shows . For the Hosts , I don't care for  I tape  so I can fast forward or try to mute .

Looks like some posters missed  Mally talking abt misshapen  breats from breast feeding and giving graphics abt the situation. Then all the hands all over the lady who was selling the new featured  bra .

I think they did  " calm  " the show down  some.

Why was  SK  so defensive and  repeated her self multiple times abt Doris Dalton being a Doctor  ?

I read she was  a former Miss America 1993 and a Chiropractor .  I get it not a medical Doctor nor  does she have the  same degree as Manuela who sells Isomers

Frequent Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Unfortunately, QVC is  frequently running so many   " special " pricing  only during the shows . For the Hosts , I don't care for  I tape  so I can fast forward or try to mute .

Looks like some posters missed  Mally talking abt misshapen  breats from breast feeding and giving graphics abt the situation. Then all the hands all over the lady who was selling the new featured  bra .

I think they did  " calm  " the show down  some.

Why was  SK  so defensive and  repeated her self multiple times abt Doris Dalton being a Doctor  ?

I read she was  a former Miss America 1993 and a Chiropractor .  I get it not a medical Doctor nor  does she have the  same degree as Manuela who sells Isomers

So what?  Are you claiming any of what you state is somehow offensive?  Give me a break, you can't possibly be serious!  If you aren't happy, turn the channel.  Spoiler alert:  It's 2024, not the 1950's.  

Frequent Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

I just don't understand the outrage this show sparks with some.  If you don't like it, don't watch it.  But there's nothing wrong with it. Every single thing on television including commercials are more risqué than this show.  People who think otherwise must not be able to watch tv at all lol.

I honestly don't know how some get through the day, much less life.  Being so offended by absolutely nothing.  Can't imagine being so closed minded.  As if everything should be suited to them.  Just walk away if displeased, allow others to enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

Well,if  50 & Fabulous is so great and successful and that's why they're still on, why are hosts pleading for some help on what customers like to help them, b/c Jan. was such a poor month?

Why not just produce more and more shows like 50 & Fabulous and watch business boom! ...and you sure won't need any help from all us lonely pearl clutchers out here! 

It could have been a very interesting show and a chance to bring lots of new products and fashion and advice from hosts, instead their usual  silly nonsense we're so used to  on steroids.

Honored Contributor

I just find it very odd to see Mally pushing Tarte lipsticks, she must be a very good sport and getting paid a lot. . 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PrettyGerl    I completely agree.

@febe1    I have a feeling we're going to see more shows like the 50 & Fabulous.  After all, it's only on for one hour, one night a week and it's pretty successful.  Unlike some of the more boring 2 or more hour shows that are on over and over throughout the week.  Some of those are a real snooze fest!

I enjoy watching a show when I feel the hosts are talking to me and being relatable.  I do purchase more.

Esteemed Contributor

@PrettyGerl 

I like to watch Mally when she's giving pointers on her makeup line. I have bought some of her products.

What I do not like is to much TMI .  That bra they were selling was for those wearing C cups and larger , it was not being sold to  fix  what happens to many women who  breast feed their children , so all that TMI was not even pertinent to selling the bra.

All this , attacking other posters  who voice a viewpoint is certainly telling of you . It's either your way or the highway. Well, it a big world with alot of viewpoints .

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

@PrettyGerl 

I like to watch Mally when she's giving pointers on her makeup line. I have bought some of her products.

What I do not like is to much TMI .  That bra they were selling was for those wearing C cups and larger , it was not being sold to  fix  what happens to many women who  breast feed their children , so all that TMI was not even pertinent to selling the bra.

All this , attacking other posters  who voice a viewpoint is certainly telling of you . It's either your way or the highway. Well, it a big world with alot of viewpoints .

Bras C Cup or larger?  Too much TMI about a bra, breastfeeding?  I had no idea!!  The outrage!!  Did someone use the word s**y by any chance.   Because if they did...blasphemous!  My word, I'm feeling faint at the mere thought...

Esteemed Contributor

I watch QVC to shop.  The hosts are NOT my friends, NOT my family, NOT my doctor, NOT a comedy team.  They are NOT experts in anything, in my opinion.   So if they are going to waste time on silly nonsense, there is no need or desire for me to watch.  This is not a case of being old fashioned, or a prude, or resistant to change.  It is just that those shows are NOT what I go to QVC for.  So if you like those shows, have at it and buy up all the products.  I will be watching something much more enjoyable, and come back to QVC (maybe) at another time.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead