Contributor

Re: 5 new QVC hosts. Who left?

Don't know who did the late night/early morning Denim and Company, but I had to turn it off.  We record the shows we want to see, and this one was deleted long before it was over.  Too much "Like...", "Saaayyyyy whaaat?" "Juuust kidding,"  and "Right?"  It's like listening to kids talking.  We need to get some professionalism back.  Love Denim and Co., but going to have to look online.  Can't handle the host.

Occasional Contributor

Oh wow, I didn't hear about QVC buying out HSN, but if it is true, all I can say is more power to them.  HSN was so boring to watch, Their hosts sound like they try to hard, and most of them can put me to sleep.  I hope QVC can make them more of a better show than they have now.  QVC the hosts and the Artists who are selling their products are mostly upbeat, and entertaining.  They make you laugh, they make mistakes, say things they shouldn't be saying, and no bleeps them out.  Like they say it's live TV, and I watch them all day long, more for the entertainment, then the products.  I do buy the items I like, and also catch those special one time prices that sometimes only run for about an hour.  whoever came up with the idea of letting them do more than most shopping networks really have a good thing going. Of course, they have to rush some people off the phone when they take to long talking, but they have time slots, and schedules to follow. However in reference to your question about the new hosts, some of them are naturals,  and some need more experience.  I not familiar with their names yet, but their is one new host who is blonde, who needs to watch the way she speaks. She young, and I like her but she kind of raises the tone of her voice with every word she ends a sentence with and sounds like she is singing.  I hope she tones it down a little, she is sweet, but just needs a to be not so nervous as she appears.  I know it must be hard starting a new job and being on TV, and I'm sure in time she will calm down.  I really like her.   

Respected Contributor

@brandyw wrote:

In total agreement, like to know where the hosts are going. I also thought maybe they are headed to HSN, which QVC just acquired.

About a year ago I'd flip by the QVC+ channel (now QVC 2) and it many times was just repeating shows on QVC (for example you could watch In the Kitchen with David and about an hour later it would be repeated on QVC+).  Have noticed much more of QVC2 is live now so they need to shift more hosts to that channel and Beauty now.

New Contributor

thank you so much for your reply and I do stand corrected about Shawns new baby being a girl. I heard her say that when somebody called in and congratulated her on her baby girl. I have one more question. What happened to George Simonton? I have been wondering what happened but i have not heard. Do you know?  

New Contributor

The new ones I have seen I feel they are doing a great job for newbies. Good trainers at QVC. Lets give them a chance just like anyone new at a job, even the president....Bo cool on the bad comments.

New Contributor

I agree.  I am not sure if someone new is hiring but the last 4 or 5 hosts that have popped up are horrible.  I can not sit through their shows.  I guess I am saving some moneySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

None of the new hosts have grown on me yet but I dont watch too often.I am sure over time they will all become good at their jobs.It must be difficult to just be relaxed and get a flow when the pressure is high to sell..that takes much practice I can only guess.

That's funny, I know exactly who you are talking about, and I LOVE her.  I thought she was hilarious.  Just what this channel needed a breath of fresh air.  Does anyone know her name?

Occasional Contributor

they need to send Keirsten and Jennifer and both Courtneys, somewhere.Sorry, I cannot take them.

New Contributor

QVC's parent company  already owned 60 % of HSN the just absorbed the rest of the stock they did not have.