Super Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

If you are attending the wedding then a gift is in order. Your call as to how much spent. Bride's second marriage, grooms or both?

Second wedding for both.  Went to the brides first one .  They are doing an elaborate wedding as if it were the 1st time .  The dress is white , there is  an aisle & a bachelorette party that spans a weekend away. (No joke).  Thankfully I will be at wedding the weekend of that .  Thanks for all the responses , if were my 2nd or 3rd time , I would specify no presents. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I avoid weddings as much as possible. When I do go, it seems some sort of gift is somewhat obligatory. For second weddings, the gift is often a token gift, sometimes it's something a bit more for the person I know that invited me and less for the couple. In as much as these second weddings are 'big affairs' the assumption might be that these couples are in a place in life where they don't require the usual newlywed accouterments... As for the son of the friend, looks like you're stuck with selecting something from the wedding gift registry should you decide to go.

Why would one be stuck purchasing from a registry?

Respected Contributor

Just wait for all the baby showers and sprinkles to follow...more and more gifts!!  This seems to be the new thing....a shower for every baby now too.

Super Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Just wait for all the baby showers and sprinkles to follow...more and more gifts!!  This seems to be the new thing....a shower for every baby now too.

Don’t get me going on that....that’s my dh side of the family.  We didn’t even have them in my family till after baby was born. It was only after my superstitious grandmother passed , did we have showers !!!