Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 

Hmm ....  there's now a new listing for only $79 ... too bad it doesn't have a Best Offer option ... LOL  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@LuvmyLab  (KarenK)

Also, suggest you will benefit from doing a forum search for eBay threads.

In recent years there have been several helpful/informative threads with tips and insights posted by sellers & buyers, newbies and experienced shoppers.

Honored Contributor

Re: 1st EBay purchase ever

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

I purchase Mary Kay lip crayons on Ebay that MK discontinued years ago....but I love one color and won't give it up!  Too bad make-up companies keep changing their colors.  It's probably expired but what is a girl to do..!?

@seaBreeze 

I've bought many things on Ebay, but nothing gives me more satisfaction than finding a discontinued favorite cosmetic for sale.   I was once looking for a lipstick and couldn't find it on any retailers sites.  Then, searching Ebay one day, I find a Beauty Supply company in Wisconsin that had SIX perfect little lipsticks in my color ... marked down and free shipping.    A happy little shopping victory, to be sure.  Woman LOL

Mercy that was wonderful for several years finding my shade of Max Factor Pan Stik after it was discontinued.  I so stocked up and bought until my 129 and 125 shade jumped from about $8.00 to $164.00.  I cried, and still have just a tiny bit left in a stick I am saving forever I suppose.  I remember @Tinkrbl44 you told me about that Vermont Store and I did buy one time but they did not carry my shade.  Woman Sad

@beckyb1012 

Wow.  I worked for Max Factor Hollywood for a decade, right up until the company was sold and divided up.  The parent company of Revlon did that to reduce the competition that Max Factor had with Revlon.  Lots of companies buy their competitors.   Many years later, the grandsons of the original Mr Factor opened Smashbox Cosmetics, which I believe is still in business.

I just checked Ebay's auctions for Max Factor Pan Stick and found 38 auctions, but some of the prices are pretty crazy!  

The only other thing that comes to mind, if you have the inclination, is to do online searches of companies that sell theatrical makeup and see what comes up.   Sorry about Vermont Country Store.  

@Tinkrbl44 @beckyb1012  @seaBreeze Amazon has some Pan Stik for sale now. Max Factor's website has Pan Stik, though not in the shade you're seeking. One reviewer explained which two shades she mixes of the new Pan Stick to get a shade similar to 129. Reviewers say the new formula differs from previous ones,