Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

Congrats!   I have been buying & selling on Ebay for many years, and have been pretty happy with just about every single transaction.    If you ever get stuck with how to handle something, lots of posters can offer feedback.  Good luck with your new little shopping adventure!     Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

I love   buying ebay!

Sometimes  i will contact the seller and  with lower offer offer to buy    and most will accept my offer  or offer me a different % off...

I try to avoid doing any bidding...but i have won a few items.

I have been buying Joan Rivers leverback earrings,the ones i never saw on qvc,etc.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

I purchase Mary Kay lip crayons on Ebay that MK discontinued years ago....but I love one color and won't give it up!  Too bad make-up companies keep changing their colors.  It's probably expired but what is a girl to do..!?

Honored Contributor

Congrats, Ebay can be very addicting, made my first purchase 17 years ago, have not stopped yet, it is my go to dept store, usually much better prices than on Amazon. Sign up for Bonus Bucks. Enjoy the savings!! 

Remember thry are on the rebate sites too, and if there is ever a problem PayPal will refund or the seller will take care of it. 

Honored Contributor

Also as far as set prices, some sellers list with Make an Offer, I always ask for a better price. 

Sadly, thry are forced to charge tax now, I miss the no tax on Ebay days. 

Honored Contributor

My first eBay purchase was in 2005, Philosophy's Grace perfume.  I think I still have some somewhere.  I love eBay and I always always check there first before I buy something anywhere else.  I do prefer the buy it now option as opposed to auctions.  Also, if you put an item in your "watch" list I usually get and email with a discount from the Seller due to my interest.  They see all!!  Have fun with your new shopping!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I have made many, many purchases on eBay. I LOVE it! You can get many of the QVC's designer clothes for half of the Q price. 

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My first eBay purchase was in 2005, Philosophy's Grace perfume.  I think I still have some somewhere.  I love eBay and I always always check there first before I buy something anywhere else.  I do prefer the buy it now option as opposed to auctions.  Also, if you put an item in your "watch" list I usually get and email with a discount from the Seller due to my interest.  They see all!!  Have fun with your new shopping!

Very good point, i too keep lots of things in my Watched List and quite often I get a better offer from the seller. 

Honored Contributor

My Ebay purchase experience has been mostly positive.  At one time I even sold on Ebay (back in 2007 & 2008).

If you feel uncomfortable read reviews and return policies.  They can be very helpful!

Honored Contributor

I purchase from eBay quite a bit.  I always check the reviews of the seller first.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?