Esteemed Contributor

Today, it was an older couple dumping a satellite dish.  They couldn't chuck it up and over into the dumpster so they left it on the ground behind it.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: PART 3 of illegal dumping

That is so ignorant.  I would've yelled out a window that they couldn't see a very loud NO!

Esteemed Contributor

I think that you should sit outside with phone in hand, and yell every time someone does something, and have 9-1-1 on speed dial, so that the cops will know instantly when it happens.

Post on the Nextdoor app when it happens, every time that it happens, with pictures. Become the Mrs. Kravitz of the neighborhood.

Tell all of your neighbors.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I think that you should sit outside with phone in hand, and yell every time someone does something, and have 9-1-1 on speed dial, so that the cops will know instantly when it happens.

Post on the Nextdoor app when it happens, every time that it happens, with pictures. Become the Mrs. Kravitz of the neighborhood.

Really, @Anonymous032819????

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

People are just something else. Hopefully your trash company will take it @MamaWick . I don't think mine would. 

Honored Contributor

Dumping illegally and littering disgusts and angers me.  I often make calls to those in power in my area to report and complain.  I don't always get results but when I am persistent enough I do. I do not have any problem reporting ignorant slobs who use our roads and land as their personal garbage cans. I relate to your issue, MamaWick!

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Really, @Anonymous032819????

Yes, seriously!

She should do everything in her power to publicly shame them!

Oh! She should also contact her local media and get a news crew out to cover the story!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Snap a photo of the vehicle that includes the license plate.  Hopefully they'll see you do it and sweat it out for days. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

This is not happening on our property.  If it did, we would definitely be prosecuting.  The builders are aware and have been sent the pictures.  The people are identifiable and the license plates are readable.  It's up to them, not us.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Snap a photo of the vehicle that includes the license plate.  Hopefully they'll see you do it and sweat it out for days. 

Unfortunately, people who think they can get away with something like this are rather bold and not afraid of anything.  I would be very wary of them. 

Too bad these dumpster don't have locked covers on them and only the contractors could open them up.  

The one across the street from me, where they are building a house, just has a blanket type cover on it.  And all day long, neighbors throw their dog's bag of poop in it.  I've never seen anyone put anything other than that in it....