Regular Contributor

Re: 17 yr old gorilla shot in Cincinnati zoo after 3 year old falls into enclosure - maybe upsetting

Once again, the animal pays with its life because of the stinken parent not watching their child!!!   Okay, it was NOT harming the child----WHY ,why could they have just tranquilized it?  Yep, they said no about that because it would take a bit for the animal to pass out....THEY MADE THE WRONG DECISION HERE!!!!  HUMANS ALWAYS WANT TO TAKE THE BRUTAL APPROACH.......KILL THE ANIMAL!!!!  SHAME ON THE ZOO!!!  SO SAD FOR THIS GORILLA MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS IN HIS TERRITORY.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 17 yr old gorilla shot in Cincinnati zoo after 3 year old falls into enclosure - maybe upsetting

[ Edited ]

@lyn61 wrote:

Once again, the animal pays with its life because of the stinken parent not watching their child!!!   Okay, it was NOT harming the child----WHY ,why could they have just tranquilized it?  Yep, they said no about that because it would take a bit for the animal to pass out....THEY MADE THE WRONG DECISION HERE!!!!  HUMANS ALWAYS WANT TO TAKE THE BRUTAL APPROACH.......KILL THE ANIMAL!!!!  SHAME ON THE ZOO!!!  SO SAD FOR THIS GORILLA MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS IN HIS TERRITORY.

The gorilla was hurting the childn which is they chose to put him down.  It is very sad.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

"A Cincinnati fire department incident report says that the gorilla "was violently dragging and throwing the child" when they were called.

The child was in between the gorilla's legs when the gorilla was shot, fire officials said...

One woman said that she saw the gorilla drag the boy from one end of his habitat to the other...

...the child was conscious during the rescue...

The gorilla was not tranquilized because when the animal is agitated, (Thane) Maynard said, the tranquilizer may not take effect right away."

WLWT5 news

Edited to correct an error. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Regular Contributor

the boy was NOT being harmed by this animal!!! The boy fell 10-12'.. IF YOU READ THE STORY.  THE FALL IS WHAT SENT HIM TO HOSPITAL...

Respected Contributor

@lyn61   Please stop shouting and supply a link to the version of the story you are citing.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

Re: 17 yr old gorilla shot in Cincinnati zoo after 3 year old falls into enclosure

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Here we go again,wanting WARNING.People do you not watch the news?

Shoe kitty said

Oh give me a  break.  If I don't want to watch something, I turn off the channel.  The title of this thread is here forever to  see.  Obviously it doesn't bother you, but I am offended.  I don't care what they want to write IN a thread, just don't force the rest of us to read the title.

So what? NO one is FORCING you to read the title or what was IN the post.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes these initial news reports are colored one way or another to justify a particular outcome.  I'd be interested in reading what is said after more people had been interviewed.

I think zoos are outdated and serve no useful function.  "Supposedly" one of their functions is to create reverence for other species, but it seems to me they foster a completely opposite attitude.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

It is surprising to me that people who have been on these boards for years and have thousands of posts are so easily offended.

Frequent Contributor

This could have all been avoided if the parents had watched the child. Apparently, the child crawled through the railing and fell into the moat. - Zoo Director Thane Maynard said said the gorilla didn’t appear to be attacking the child, but he said it was “an extremely strong” animal in an agitated situation. The lowland gorilla is an endangered species. Hospital officials said they couldn’t release any information on the child. Authorities said the 3-year-old boy, who fell 10 to 12 feet, is expected to recover after being picked up out of the moat and dragged by the gorilla for about 10 minutes.

Regular Contributor

lamMRSG.. PLEASE do not tell me how to type my words...stick to the subject!  BOSSY PEOPLE I SWEAR!!!!