Honored Contributor

Re: 17 yr old gorilla shot in Cincinnati zoo after 3 year old falls into enclosure

After you read the title, you had to post? Give me a break!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 17 yr old gorilla shot in Cincinnati zoo after 3 year old falls into enclosure

My husband just told me about this shootin\ child apparently unattended, crawling under or somehow into a gorilla area of the zoon!

My first question, as HORRIFYING would be:

" Where were the PARENTS"?!

I saw absolutely nothing inappropriate about the community forum having THIS thread.

NAES

....would need more information how a child just falls into a supposedly secured bar enclosure. 

Nothing like this has ever happened in the last 38 years.

The child was not hurt in any way, according to news.

BUT the child did crawl through a small space. That would apparently have taken some time in doing so, enough time, as myself, to discover that _ my child of 3 years of age IS missing_!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 17 yr old gorilla shot in Cincinnati zoo after 3 year old falls into enclosure - maybe upsetting

The update to the story is that the gorilla did make contact with the little boy and was slamming him against the wall.  The child is currently hospitalized.  Unfortunately accidents do happen. 

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

My husband just told me about this shootin\ child apparently unattended, crawling under or somehow into a gorilla area of the zoon!

I saw absolutely nothing inappropriate about the community forum having THIS thread.

NAES

....would need more information how a child just falls into a supposedly secured bar enclosure. 

BUT the child did crawl through a small space. That would apparently have taken some time in doing so, enough time, as myself, to discover that _ my child of 3 years of age IS missing_!

@NAES1  I certainly never wrote not to have this thread.  Go back and read my post.  Clearly you misunderstood it if you are addressing me - and I can't tell.  Quotations are really helpful.  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Here we go again,wanting WARNING.People do you not watch the news?

@goldensrbest  I have not seen any news; I've been watching the Columbo marathon all day.  You needn't be nasty in your post.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  Thanks, but putting "may be upsetting" next to all the upsetting information in the title didn't do anything to help.  The title is still there that pretty much says it all. 

Respected Contributor

Re: 17 yr old gorilla shot in Cincinnati zoo after 3 year old falls into enclosure - maybe upsetting

it's sad. i hope they send a bill to the parents!

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

NAES

Shoekitty said

No, there is nothing wrong with content of thread at all.  I said, it was the thread title.  

Respected Contributor

IMHO more to the point is why was a gorilla in a cage where someone could fall into it?  The only gorilla enclosures I've ever seen are those where the animal is totally contained behind super strong glass, easily visible to all, but no one can "fall in".  If the gorilla couldn't be handled safely for both the animal and the public,  the zoo should not have had a gorilla exhibit at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Makes sense the zoo wouldn't tranquilize the gorilla.

Read where the gorilla was dragging & throwing the child around

for 10+ minutes...and the child is in Serious Condition.

Thank goodness the child wasn't killed.