Respected Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? February 2017

I just finished The Girl Before by J. P. Delaney.  It took me awhile to get into it, but I did enjoy it.  It's a psychological suspense novel, at times even a little creepy. 

Now I am going to read something much lighter.  The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines from Fixer Upper on HGTV. 

Valued Contributor

I got about half way through Mistress by Danielle Steele and decided I wasn't interested enough to finish it. Her books are just boring to me.  The first chapter or two was about the relationship between this woman and her lover, and it went on and on in the same vein why they were together. Gee, I got it the first time! 

Super Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

I got about half way through Mistress by Danielle Steele and decided I wasn't interested enough to finish it. Her books are just boring to me.  The first chapter or two was about the relationship between this woman and her lover, and it went on and on in the same vein why they were together. Gee, I got it the first time!

@chihuahuamom

For the last few years, I have been listening to abridged versions of her books.  I enjoy them much more than the full versions.

Trusted Contributor

For the Sue Grafton fans out there:  I was excited yesterday to receive an alert from Amazon that her new "Y" book in the series will be out on August 22nd!  The full title of the book has not been disclosed as yet.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rustee wrote:

starting
Fatal by John Lescroart
(an innocent crush soon develops a dangerous obsession/OverDrive audiobook)

update

This book just made a wild u-turn about 20% into the tale!

Frequent Contributor

I have just finished Summer of the Dead by Julia Keller, her third in a series. I really enjoy her books, she is a good writer and has a great way of explaining things. Now I have started The Hole We're In by Gabrielle Zevin, not too sure about this one yet, will read a couple more chapters before I decide.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now I've added to my reading list Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis: The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovescats wrote:

Right now I've added to my reading list Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis: The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.    

Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis: The Vampire Chronicle

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am reading Belgravia by Julian Fellows.  Good entertaining book. Not great literature, but entertaining.

I just finished The Sympathizer(2016 Pulitzer Prize Winner)  Good book, but very dense with a lot of information.

Frequent Contributor

Started to read The Hole We're In by  Gabrielle Zevin but went to the library and came home with Fannie Flagg's latest, The Whole Town's Talking, so will read that first. Hope it is as good as her earlier books.