Valued Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- July 2015

[ Edited ]

I thought you would like it!  I think I was the first to mention it, but there are so many postings here, I don't want to take credit in case someone mentioned it before me. (Letters to the Lost)

Trusted Contributor

I just finished The Stranger by Harlan Coben. I really enjoyed this thriller and I am a first time reader of this author. My husband was already a fan of his books so I will have to go back now and see which other of his books that we have around the house.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Trusted Contributor

@Shopthe1 wrote:

This is my first post to this forum - have read several books that were mentioned here.

I love mysteries - my latest book:  THE STORM MURDERS by John Farrow. 

On the day after a blizzard two policeman are called to an isolated farm house in Canada, where they find two dead people - no tracks in the snow, in or out of the house . . .

Excellent writing, twists and turns.

Sounds good, thanks for the recommendation. Just put it on hold at my library. Very well reviewed, says it's the first of three.

Honored Contributor

I just finished How to Be a Woman, by Caitlin Moran, which I cannot recommend. I'm now reading Gulp, by Mary Roach, which I am loving so far. And I'm about 50% through Inferno, by Dan Brown.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finished The Guest Cottage by Nancy Thayer.  It was just an ok book by her and predictable beach read.

Onto At The Water's Edge by Sara Gruen.  Looks like a different type of book for her but all of hers are different anyway. Man Surprised

Regular Contributor

I just finished Forget Me Knot by Mary Marks.  It's a cozy, quilting murder mystery -- not my usual kind of read, but I LOVED it!  I am reading the second one, Knot in My Backyard now, and have the third of pre-order for my kindle!

Honored Contributor

I finished these:

Occasional Contributor

Chynna Blue, what do you think of the Wayward Pines books?  I'm reading The Last Town right now and have enjoyed the series. 

Trusted Contributor

Just finished Patricia Cornwell's Depraved Heart.  A continuation of the Carrie Grethen storey line and the psychological oddysey takes several twists and turns.  As with all of Patricia Cornwell's books, a great read!

Starting Career of Evil, by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowlings), the third book in the Cormoron Strike series.  Can't wait!