Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ SEPTEMBER 2017

[ Edited ]

I just finished THE GUARDIAN by Nicholas Sparks, and loved it.....I am now reading a book that has not been released yet, I won it through Goodreads. It is called THE WIFE BETWEEN US by Greer Hendricks, and Sarah Pekkanen, so far it is very good!!!!!!!!!!I think I am going to enjoy this one for sure!

Respected Contributor

I finished The Good Thief (Hannah Tinnti).  To me it reads like a YA book, especially for teen boys.  It's a 19th century tale about a 12 year old orphan "adopted" by a couple of questionable characters and involved in nefarious adventures.

I also read Fever Dream (Book 10 in the Agent Pendergast series).  This was not one of my favorites in the series, and I see it's the first of what they call the Helen Trilogy.  I was not that invested in the main plot, and yet they managed to make it a page turner, as always.

Respected Contributor

Next up for me is The Last Days of Night (Graham Moore).  It's based on actual events involving George Westinghouse and Thomas Edison and focuses on the legal clash over who invented the lightbulb.   

Trusted Contributor

I just finished reading Watch Me Disappear by Janelle Brown.

Interesting thought - you think you are in a perfect marriage with a perfect child.  After your wife passes away, you find out all the dirt.  And your life was not what you thought.

Hmmm ...

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I thought I had read all of Nicholas Sparks books but somehow this one slipped through, I put a request at the library, glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I thought I had read all of Nicholas Sparks books but somehow this one slipped through, I put a request at the library, glad to hear you enjoyed it!

@CareBearshI! yES IT IS A GOOD ONE.  It starts off like a Romance Novel, but becomes a Romance/Thriller.. The beginning lags a little, but not too much, and it is very good......Mostly good reviews on it, although there were some people who said it was too sappy, but if you know Nicholas Sparks at all, he does write more Romantic type books, so it didn't surprise me.......I hope you enjoy it-it is a quick read too!

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished "The ice beneath her" by Camilla Grebe I enjoyed it very much!  It is a murder mystery but the author had me believing one thing (and I was positive I was right) and then she threw in a curve ball, and took me in a whole other direction.  IMO it was beautifully written, the police detectives in solving the crime think they are in the right direction, but something just does not feel right?  The author takes you to three months before the murder for each main character so the reader gets to know each character and what led them to this point in their lives,  I recommend this one!

Respected Contributor

roe1005    interesting ending, never saw it coming

Trusted Contributor

Jewel, I agree.  I did wonder "could she be?" but wasn't 100%.

Trusted Contributor

If you are a fan of the Robert Galbraith (J K Rowling) books, you may be interested to know that the BBC is currently running a 5 part tv series called "Strike", which will encompass both the "Cuckoo's Calling" and "The Silkworm" books.  HBO has picked it up for viewing in the US.  You can find out more details by Googling Strike BBC series.