Trusted Contributor
After reading the great book recommendations in the threads started by @sunala, I downloaded sample chapters on my Kindle of the titles that interested me. So...thank you to all the terrific posters who took the time to list their top books!
That said, I just looked and realized I accumulated 97 sample chapters last year!!?? Whoa! And...full disclosure...most of them went unread. (I download chapters after friends, posters, book reviews, NPR interviews with authors, etc. ignite my interest in a book.)
I'm curious if anyone else uses the sample chapter feature on their Kindles? I think of it as a browsing the book jackets in a "virtual" bookstore, but unfortunately, the issue is, I don't seem to ever make the time to go back and read the darn samples!
Am I alone in this apparent addiction?🙃
Honored Contributor

Re: Sample Chapter Overload!

I get tons of samples every month! It has saved me a lot of money in keeping me from buying Kindle books that I find just awful!!

I've also found wonderful books by getting samples! I think I am a sample-aholic! and I'm not ashamed LOL !

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Love my grandkids

And thank you @sunaIa

I am so glad I am not alone - I wont have any shame either! lol

The book threads on this site are THE BEST! Thank you for all your suggestions...

Happy Reading to All!

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 I hope this isn't too nosey, if it is, please feel free to ignore!

I am originally from Torrance, California and had to move to WA state in 2010 and am still homesick.

Just wondering if you are in my home state or going back there? I even miss those cheesy palm trees!!

Trusted Contributor

Hello fellow California native, @Love my grandkidsSmiley LOL

I know Torrance well - I was born in Westwood. My family and I lived on the East Coast for many years for our jobs, but we moved back to California because...well...we missed the cheesy palm trees too! Heart