Valued Contributor

Has anyone read any of Tana French's mysterry novels?

Esteemed Contributor

I've read them all except "The Secret Place", which I have on request from our library. loved them.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

I ADORE TANA FRENCH. Her books are worthy of owning in hardcover.

Esteemed Contributor

@pprmntstx, she is one of my favorite authors.  Read her books in order if you can.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TANA FRENCH

[ Edited ]

I read all 6 of her Irish detective/murder mystery novels in order except The Secret Place, which just wasn't available at the time. the only one of her books that I didn't like was The Witch Elm. it wasn't at all like the detective series and the main characters were too whiny for me.

I usually go to Goodreads for recommendations and found a few authors in the "readers also enjoyed" list but the only one my library system has is Kate Atkinson. I just got One Good Turn but haven't started it yet.

I'm looking froward to another great detective murder mystery.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

I read all 6 of her Irish detective/murder mystery novels in order except The Secret Place, which just wasn't available at the time. the only one of her books that I didn't like was The Witch Elm. it wasn't at all like the detective series and the main characters were too whiny for me.

I usually go to Goodreads for recommendations and found a few authors in the "readers also enjoyed" list but the only one my library system has is Kate Atkinson. I just got One Good Turn but haven't started it yet.

I'm looking froward to another great detective murder mystery set in Ireland.

@MariotaMurielle  Sorry, this post isn't about Tana French.  I just wanted to point out that One Good Turn is part of a series, the Jackson Brodie series by Kate Atkinson.  The first one is Case Histories, the 2nd one is One Good Turn, the 3rd one is When Will There Be Good News, and finally Started Early, Took My Dog.  I liked the first two the best.  I prefer to read them in order, but it's up to you if that matters. 

Regular Contributor

I have read them all except the latest which I think is coming out in Jan. You don't have to read them in order, but I think it makes for a richer experience if you do. Highly recommend this series! Also, try Elizabeth George, her Inspector Lynley novels, set in England are wonderful too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TANA FRENCH

[ Edited ]

@smoky22 wrote:

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

I'm looking froward to another great detective murder mystery.

@MariotaMurielle  Sorry, this post isn't about Tana French.  I just wanted to point out that One Good Turn is part of a series, the Jackson Brodie series by Kate Atkinson.  The first one is Case Histories, the 2nd one is One Good Turn, the 3rd one is When Will There Be Good News, and finally Started Early, Took My Dog.  I liked the first two the best.  I prefer to read them in order, but it's up to you if that matters. 

@smoky22, thank you. I did a little research on Atkinson's books and found that information about the series. I prefer to read a series in order too and tried to get Case Histories but it wasn't available. I tend to get antsy when I don't have a good book to read ( Smiley Happy) so rather than wait I went ahead and got this one.

Valued Contributor

I also Love Tanya French, I have read all her books and I really liked the Witch Elm, a change up , I thought this one could be a stand alone.

Valued Contributor
Thank you so much to all who posted.