Honored Contributor

Re: Reading rut?

[ Edited ]

@KathyM23 wrote:

I can always find something I want to read.  I just finished Lisa Scottoline's Feared and I'm now reading Karin Slaughter's Pieces of Her.  I have on my pile from the library The Masterpiece by Fiona Davis, Bone on Bone by Julia Keller and An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena and Respect - Aretha Franklin.    I also have And the Ladies of the Club - it is a thick book with small  print, so I may read that one in spurts along with my others in the pile.  I don't normally do that, but I will for this one.

Found the Ladies of the Club at a book fair maybe 10 years or more ago @KathyM23  I only bought it due to the fact that the paperback had 1200 pages and knew it would keep me occupied for awhile since I love reading about 6 books per week.  I have read it three times total and I really enjoyed.  Loaned to my dear Mom was an avid reader but she did not enjoy and did not finish.  So you never know.  I hope you like it. I am on hold for The Masterpiece and loved Pieces Of Her and Unwanted Guest.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012  I just started And the Ladies of the Club.  Just picked up Faye Kellerman;s Walking Shadow.  Found a new author first book The Echo Killer (Christi Daugherty)  It was an exciting book.  Also lke J A Jance's Joanna Brady series.  So many books - so little time! 

Occasional Contributor

Normally for me, if I am not in the mood to read, which is rare, I will cook something complex. I get the let down also when the book ends. I actually think about the characters, then they aren't there anymore. Guess I am not the only person with this affliction.