Valued Contributor

Re: Do you have an author who never disappoints?

@Novemberbaby wrote:

I love all Michael Connelly books, Harlan Coben, many of James Patterson. I could go on with more.

Michael Connelly is one of my favorites.  I've loved every  Harry Bosch book.  Loved all of Harlen Coben's Myron Bolitar series.

Esteemed Contributor

Dorthea  Benton Frank - John Sandford - Luanne Rice - 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I think you've named a lot of my favorites.  I'll add Alan Bradley, Julia Spencer-Fleming, Katherine Page and Nancy Atherton, all mystery-writing authors.

Honored Contributor

Present: Wendy Corsi Staub, and Kevin O'Brien

Past: Helen Van Slyke, Sidney Sheldon

Trusted Contributor

Georgette Heyer

But! ...

With this major caveat:

I don't like her mysteries.

But her romances are gold, pure gold.

Respected Contributor

There are some British authors that I have enjoyed in the last few years.  My two favorites, who do not disappoint, are PETER ROBINSON (Detective Alan Banks series) and PETER MAY. .

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess it depends on your definition of "disappoints".   I've read books by John Grisham that I didn't like as much as others but I've never read one that I didn't like.   

And although he has only written 3 books, I abolutely love and was not disappointed by any of the three and am hoping for another book by... Khaled Hosseini.   Wonderful , wonderful books.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a variety of authors I enjoy but I have to say Fredrik Backman he brings on the flood gates, and his last novella still has me thinking about it weeks after I read it!

Honored Contributor

@CareBearswrote:

I have a variety of authors I enjoy but I have to say Fredrik Backman he brings on the flood gates, and his last novella still has me thinking about it weeks after I read it!

I second that!  But you knew that already and so did pretty much everyone else LOL.  

"Us Against You," the sequel to "Beartown" is available for pre-order on Amazon.  I'm not going to pre-order it because it's coming out June 5, 2018.  I hope to be around then to read it!

Respected Contributor

Dean Koontz. There is one Odd Thomas novel that I did not like but other than that I like his stories. I also like Stephen King.  I think Deans's horror, supernatural  books are more realistic and more of a thriller mystery then horror/scifi. Neal Stephenson is fantastic but his books are haard to read for they are so long and very very detailed.