Honored Contributor

I just saw something about BookBub on Facebook.  It sounds like they have great deals sometimes on popular books to download to Kindle.  I've never bought a book for my Kindle from anywhere but Amazon.  Is BookBub reputable?  You also have to give them your e-mail address to be able to see their book list.  I don't really like to do that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I get emails from them every day, and the deal are great. They link to Amazon so you will purchase as you usually do. There is also a site called pixel of ink which operates the same way. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I have used BookBub for years and it is great.  You select the genres that you are interested in reading, and every day you will receive an e-mail with a list of books that might appeal to you.  Most are free, but not all, so check carefully.

On each listing, there will be the different vendors,  You will see Amazon and it will take you right to your account.  Just be sure to check the price.  The nice thing is, if you have already purchased the book, Amazon will tell you. 

This is not a complete list by any means.  There are four or five e-mail services that provide free and low-cost e-books.  Freebooksy is one and Kindle has one, also.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Love book bub -- get notifications of free books for my nook  all the time. I use a gmail account and have had no problems. I recommend it!

Frequent Contributor

I love BookBub!  I look forward to their daily suggestions, even though I rarely buy every day. The discounts are really great, and you can tailor it to your preferences (fiction, nonfiction, cooking, mysteries, history, etc.)  The daily email has a link to buy the book - my preference takes me to Amazon.com. I actually buy the book through Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much @Frankie_Dee @akaburtonfan  @SXMGirl and @QVCkitty1 !  I'll sign up right now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I like Book Bub, but also 'Pixel of Ink' and 'Ereader News Today'.  There would be no other way to receive these lists except thru e-mail.  As others have mentioned the e-books come via Amazon.

Valued Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Thank you so much @Frankie_Dee @akaburtonfan  @SXMGirl and @QVCkitty1 !  I'll sign up right now.

i think you will like it, @Nicknack; once you tell them your interests, they send a nice selection every day.  you do have to act promptly on some offers as they are only 24 hrs; others go for days. 

i've found a couple new authors thru them, tho w/some, i've found there is a good reason the book is free.  :Smiley Happy

happy reading!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Respected Contributor

Are the free books BookBub offers from traditional publishers or are they self-published?

Valued Contributor

@nomless wrote:

Are the free books BookBub offers from traditional publishers or are they self-published?

@nomless     All I've seen are traditional publishers.

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.