Respected Contributor

Thank you, @3cupcakes

Honored Contributor

I have enough BookBub books stored away to keep me in reading material until the next millennium. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I didn't know about Bookbub. Thanks to everyone for the information - I just signed up. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I signed up for Bookbub thanks to those on these forums.

I wanted to add there is a more curated list (Bookbub can sometimes be overwhelming) called ModernMrsDarcy.  She sends you a more limited list of book bargains for Kindle.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I signed up for Bookbub thanks to those on these forums.

I wanted to add there is a more curated list (Bookbub can sometimes be overwhelming) called ModernMrsDarcy.  She sends you a more limited list of book bargains for Kindle.

Thank you for this recommendation @GingerPeach.  I think I'll sign up for that list, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Another site is Readers in the Know. You can follow favorite authors there, get advance notice of deals involving those authors, and more. There's a lot of competition for readers these days with lots of sites offering deals.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Just a note about BookBub, the books you see listed there have their spaces on the list bought by the authors who wrote them. A listing on BookBub costs between $55 and $1750 depending on where the book is presented on the list and the timing. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have enough BookBub books stored away to keep me in reading material until the next millennium. 

@Kachina624 me too! Not only BookBub, but also freebooksy.com, pixelofink.com, manybooks.net, and a million others! Many of the books are free. I've come across EXCELLENT books, and some that were not so good, but for free, it's all good!

I had to remove my name from several of these sites because I was becoming overwhelmed with all the free books. I have way over 800 books on my Kindle now, mostly all free from these sites. As Kachina624 said, she has enough books until the next millenium!

Happy reading everyone!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 me too! Not only BookBub, but also freebooksy.com, pixelofink.com, manybooks.net, and a million others! Many of the books are free. I've come across EXCELLENT books, and some that were not so good, but for free, it's all good!

I had to remove my name from several of these sites because I was becoming overwhelmed with all the free books. I have way over 800 books on my Kindle now, mostly all free from these sites. As Kachina624 said, she has enough books until the next millenium!

Happy reading everyone!

There are roughly a gazillion such sites these days. I know because I'm having a week long discount of "The Campaign" to $.99 starting on 6/23 that I'm submitting to sites now. The list of book promotion sites I have is about 132 sites long. I'm submitting my information to many of them and I suspect there are more that I don't know of.

You don't really want to skip over any of them though for fear of missing a potential reader/readers. Life would be much easier if there was just one site. With any luck all of this effort will move a few books.

One of the fun quirks is each site wants a unique description of the book. How many times can you create a unique description of one book?

BookBub is one I won't be posting on due to their $55 minimum buy-in. It could very well be worth the investment, but with multiple free/low cost options out there, I'll skip BookBub this time around.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Count me in as another fan of BookBub!  I just recently joined as well @NickNack.  One can never have enough books...!