Super Contributor

Re: Amazon's 2017 Must Read List

Killers of the Flower Moon reads like a mystery but is a true story.  I read it a few months ago and would highly recommend it. I thought it was thoroughly researched and beautifully written and all in all an excellent book.

Respected Contributor

I have only read Bear Town, but I see some on the list that I will look in to.  They sound interesting.  I'm always looking for authors I haven't read as I read alot - way too much!

Honored Contributor

I haven’t read nary a one. I’m always looking for good reads. I’ve heard a lot of praise for Beartown though. I may read that one. 😊

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono, just saw your post. 

No secret, I read Frederik Backman's "Beartown" and loved it.  There's a sequel coming out in June, it's called "Us Against You."

I buy my books and am overloaded with them now.  I very much want to read "Killers of the Flower Moon," I have heard it's a must-read.  I'm hoping by the time I get to it, it will be out in paperback!

Mohsin Hamid's book I will also read; I loved his "The Reluctant Fundamentalist."

Contributor

I read "The Dry" by Jane Harper.  Excellent mystery set in Australia.  It's the first in a new series.  Her writing definitely drew me in... I've never been to Australia, but I feel like I took a trip there while reading.  One of my favorite books of 2017.

Honored Contributor

I haven't read any of these but did get the list from Amazon.  Little Fires Everywhere sounds good to me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I have added Killers of The Flower Moon to my ever growing list of books to read since starting to pay attention to the Book Club forum.

Super Contributor

I read Exit West, loved it.  I also read The Dry by Jane Harper, loved, loved it.

I attempted to read Lincoln on the Bardo twice & didn't get far, so I gave up.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, thanks for posting this.  I will check into the ones I haven't read.  

I am in the minority on Killers of the Flower Moon.  While I appreciated some of the historical context and details of the book, I thought it was very disjointed.  Not a book I would recommend for reason.  LM