Frequent Contributor

I am really struggling to get into this book. Page 115 and it is more of a sleep aid than anything 😁 I am looking at the positive reviews so trying to be patient. Do I stay or do I go? 

Honored Contributor

If you are not interested at 115 pages 

back to the library, I don’t waste my time anymore with a book I don’t like

Esteemed Contributor

@blessed10, this is one of my favorite books.  I am eagerly waiting to get my hands on the sequel which is called The Year of the Locust.  I say stick with it a bit longer.  If doesn't grab you then, give it up.  Our tastes are all different.  LM

Frequent Contributor

Forgot to mention I bought the book, so that is another reason I am trying to stay with it. Woman Frustrated Will trudge through a bit longer. Thanks !

Esteemed Contributor

@blessed10 wrote:

I am really struggling to get into this book. Page 115 and it is more of a sleep aid than anything 😁 I am looking at the positive reviews so trying to be patient. Do I stay or do I go? 

@blessed10- this book was problematic to me as well. I tried reading it at least a half-dozen times but wound up pulling the bookmark.

Just like The Book Thief, I finally decided I'd rather not open it again. Some books, although very popular, just don't agree with us. I say let them go and move on to a book that's more enjoyable.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

@sunala  I have not read I Am Pilgrim.  I read the summary and knew it wasn't my kind of book.  I read The Book Thief (for my book club) and thought it was overrated.  I never read from the best seller lists.  There are SO many books out there to read, I am very particular about the ones I do read.  

Frequent Contributor

I would normally agree, and may still PTB, but since this book is over 700 pages, at this point the author is still putting together backgrounds on everything and everyone. Really hard to follow. I bought the book(why I don't know since I live 10 min from our local library) so I will stick with my investment a bit longer. Smiley Frustrated

Frequent Contributor

Heart

Trusted Contributor

I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes?  huh.  I really enjoyed this book.  I believe a movie is in the works. Terry Hayes has written his second book (Pilgrim was his first) entitled The Year of the Locust.  I haven't read it yet but plan to shortly.

Esteemed Contributor

@JillyMarie, I am waiting impatiently for The Year of the Locust too.  I read somewhere that the release was delayed til June of 2018.  Too long between books but definitely on my list.  LM