Honored Contributor

A few weeks ago I reported about the Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun tanning mousse.  I bought the light/medium for use on my legs only because they just don't tan like the rest of me does.  I did not like it at all.

I will retract some of my horrible review and say that I decided to buy a mitt and with a mitt application, I do like it better.  I still do not think it gives me much instant color at all.  And in order for me to get my desired color, I do have to apply 2 nights in a row.

The tan does last a week on me however, I stand behind my original comment that the smell is disgusting.  It's disgusting out of the bottle, it's disgusting after application and it's disgusting after a shower,  I applied some just on my legs last night, showered this morning and I can still smell that on me.  I cannot imagine using this on my entire body.  I wouldn't be able to stand myself.         

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

The heavy fragrance of that Jergens self tanner doesn't sit well with me either. It's too strong! I used it a couple of times then tossed it b/c of the fragrance.Woman Tongue

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle and @Jtdmum....you must be referring to the Jergens Glow + Firming, the scent is very strong and nauseating, I purchased it and had to throw it away.  As my original post stated, I prefer the 'Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer' the scent is very subtle....I do not like any strong smelling fragrances in perfumes either.

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

@Shelbelleand @Jtdmum....you must be referring to the Jergens Glow + Firming, the scent is very strong and nauseating, I purchased it and had to throw it away.  As my original post stated, I prefer the 'Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer' the scent is very subtle....I do not like any strong smelling fragrances in perfumes either.

I was not referring to any scent, but to the terrible ingredients used in these Jergens self tanners

mineral oil, petroleum. DMDM Hydantoin and full of parabens. It doesnt get much worse than these.