Honored Contributor

So I ran out of the product I'd been using. Wasn't all that happy with it so went to Walgreen's for something new and found this. Used for the first time yesterday. Sprayed generously into damp hair, I combed it through, left it in and blow dried my hair.

I love it. Made my hair really really soft and tamed the frizzies. I haven't had my hair cut for while and have an appointment in 2 weeks. Really happy I found this.

Respected Contributor

Re: FRIZZ EASE BY JOHN FRIEDA

That's what my sister uses and has for several years. She has thick, curly hair that she flat irons. When we were kids, we'd use a real iron to straighten our curls as best we could.

Honored Contributor

I love that stuff too!

It's the only one I've ever used that worked and that I liked.

I haven't seen it for awhile or tried to find it. I guess I gave up and now just put it in a bun or ponytail and hope for the best.

But I think I will try to order it somewhere again.

Thanks for the reminder and I'm glad you like it too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

When my hair grew back in last summer--it was very curly and thick and I used the John Frieda stuff to keep it from getting frizzy.  I liked it, but I like the Kenra products better--I used the curl creme a lot.  I also used their leave in conditioner, which works as an anti-frizz product.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catter70 wrote:

That's what my sister uses and has for several years. She has thick, curly hair that she flat irons. When we were kids, we'd use a real iron to straighten our curls as best we could.

@catter70  When I was in my teens, I too used a real iron to straighten my curls!  I am still obsessed with wanting straight hair!

Honored Contributor

Will the Frizz Ease built up on your hair? It has a lot of silicone in it so I was just wondering about that part plus if it would make your hair feel dry after using it for a while...??

Regular Contributor

I've been using frizz ease for years and years. I bought it recently on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I spent quite some time looking at products and did NOT want anything with argan or any other oil. Many years ago I used John Frieda products so I took a chance on this as it was exactly what I wanted. How often does that happen?

So many products contain stuff I did not want in my hair, that was another reason for choosing this.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Toots711 

@catter70 

I spent the better part of my teen years with my hair spread out on an ironing board Cat LOL

My mother complained every time she saw me do it, but I did it anyway.  I had long, wavy/curly hair and wanted to be one of the "cool" girls with pin-straight/parted-in-the middle hair. 

Mostly I achieved that with my trusty iron...as long as I didn't go outside on a humid day.  Never could go swimming or to the beach...my hair would take on a life of its own!  Always wore a scarf tied behind my neck covering my hair.  How silly and time consuming it all was!

I also straighted it with a product called "Straight Away."

Fast forward to the 70s and 80s when curly shags were in and my hair was absolultely beautiful with all my curls.  I loved it.

Fast forward again after many years of bad haircuts and age changing my curl pattern and my hair was impossible.  I used every product known but it always reverted to that mad-hatter hair.

About 8 years back, I got is smoothed and was quite happy with it, but I hated that it was thinning and I colored it, so, afraid of really damaging my hair.

I'm trying to make peace with what I have now and just be thankful I still have hair.