Esteemed Contributor

EVEN MORE Sunscreen Recalls 7-15-2021

I was watching my local CBS news about even more brands of sunscreen are being voluntarily pulled from shelves.  I read a story online that even store branded ones (CVS) are being recalled.  This is in addition to another thread from a month or so ago about other products like Neutrogena that were recalled because a carcinogen was present (benzene).  Add these:

Aveeno Protect + Refresh

CVS is halting sales of CVS Health After Sun Aloe Vera and CVS Health After Sun Aloe Vera Spray out of an "abundance of caution," a spokesperson said in an email to CBS MoneyWatch. The company is working with its supplier to take "appropriate additional steps," he added.

Search Source: CBS News, July 15, 2021, Johnson and Johnson Sunscreen Recall

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: EVEN MORE Sunscreen Recalls 7-15-2021

Is it because of benzene also?

That, oxybenzene and several other ingredients in many sunscreens have been reported as carcinogens

for several years. I listed them in my wallet several years ago and just started using zinc when I heard about it. More dangerous to use some then use them. Best to look check all ingredients.

Even childrens sunscreen has many of these carcinogens. Thats the good ol US of A. Disgraceful. Actually really criminal but powerful people and $ behind continually manufacturing these things.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bayYes, because of Benzene.

Honored Contributor

Something I don't have to worry about but I need to tell my daughter.  My grandson is here with a horrible sunburn Smiley Sad  We're putting cold aloe on him.  

Honored Contributor

TV said this is a J&J product. They don't seem to care what they put in their products as long as people buy them-the baby powder incident alone should ward people off.

Esteemed Contributor

Here is a link to the original thread

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Sun-Screen-Double-Check-your-brand/m-p/6946691#M793523

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

TV said this is a J&J product. They don't seem to care what they put in their products as long as people buy them-the baby powder incident alone should ward people off.

@JudalineYes, Johnson and Johnson owns Neutrogena and Aveeno.  Also some store branded Sunscreens are being removed out of an abundance of caution.

It can't ward people off unless people know who the manufacturer is.  There is no sunscreen product that say's Johnson and Johnson.  The make consumer products under various brand names.

Honored Contributor

I just read the brands from J and J that were removed are Neutrogena and Aveeno, not all variations. I read it on People's Pharmacy newsletter.