Honored Contributor

@Grand Happy wrote:
We Love Amazon after holding back for awhile we caved in. The monthly fee is for shipping, easy returns at NO charge.
My only complaint was yesterday. I placed a order Friday and was supposed to be delivered Monday when I knew I'd be home, well it came yesterday. We had plans but changed them for today because I didn't want anyone to steal our items. To many are stealing packages on porches. Our neighbors who would usually grab it for me but they just moved out.
We do still support small businesses as much as possible, actually am today.

@Grand Happy 

Your local drugstore may be an amazon locker you can use if home delivery isn't safe.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

We get the front door photo too.  I wonder if the photo releases them of the liability of IF there was a delivery.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

We get the front door photo too.  I wonder if the photo releases them of the liability of IF there was a delivery.

@ECBG   I've wondered the same thing. "Here's a photo to prove I left your package. If pirates grab it, don't blame me". 

Honored Contributor

I've been a Prime Member since 2001.  Don't know what I'd do without Amazon!  Except for WM, I'd have to drive an hour (one way) just to get to decent shopping and then drive all over town to find (or NOT to find) what I'm looking for.  And then there are those things I didn't know I needed till I saw them on Amazon Smiley Wink The world is ever evolving.  Some of it's good and some of it isn't.  I'm thankful for Amazon...I'm thankful for online shopping!

Frequent Contributor

My delivery guy told me they take pictures because too many recipients deny having received the package, so they call to complain and get another one delivered free.

Trusted Contributor

Had my first "issue" with Amazon.  Ordered a hat for my husband.  I was suppose to receive it within about 7 days.  Then when I checked on-line for status, it stated it was "delayed" about 1 more week.  The tracking number showed the product had never "moved" since the label was made.  Then I sent an email to seller.  Advised they did not know what happened, but item was never shipped and that they would refund me for the purchase.  It's been a few days and no refund showing on my credit card.  Will wait another day or two and will then try again to get this resolved.  UGH!  

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

ECBGG    I belong to Prime and I buy everything from Amazon from the most insignificant drugstore item to kitchen  appliances, hardware items, even an occasional clothing item.  I get at least 3 deliveries a week. 

Thank goodness for recycling, oh the boxes ! 😂

@QVCkitty1 

I loved that story of the lady who saved up all her Amazon delivered boxes for a year, unbeknownst to her husband and then when he came home on April 1, she had them all displayed on her front porch as if she had just received that many that day.  I think if that happened at my house, my husband would have had a coronary!!!

@Nonametoday   Thank you for the BEST LAUGH of the day....  on so many levels!

Honored Contributor

Definitely look around.  I have found a number of items cheaper elsewhere than on Amazon.  The hairspray I use is a lot cheaper to order on-line from Walgreens than to buy from Amazon.

Also, make sure the OPI is the real deal and not a knock-off.  There are a lot of fake products on Amazon.

As an aside, I love how people love to run Walmart into the ground all the while giving Amazon, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. a pass. 

Honored Contributor

Everything has its pros and cons.  Walmart (as mentioned in a prior post) has certainly not put all local hardware stores out of business.  I have two within a five-mile radius of me and more at a further distance.

I buy quite a few things from Amazon that I can't find anywhere else.  My DH is British and likes certain foods from there.  But recently I ordered a case (12 cans) of Heinz Baked Beans, a case of Bachelor's Mushy Peas and some Bisto Gravy Granules. 

I wish you could've seen the way they arrived.  The outside box was fine but inside?  The beans were in one box, smashed to smithereens.  Tomato sauce and beans everywhere.  Every single can of the Mushy Peas (in another box) were dented.  The only thing to survive were the canisters of gravy granules.  And the odd thing?  The individual boxes were fine; so were things packed like that?

I immediately took photos and contacted Amazon.  I was told that the beans were not returnable but "as a one-time concession" they would refund me the purchase price.  I will never order those again.

The mushy peas were refundable but had to be returned, which meant a trip to the only place that would ship them for Amazon (a 40-mile round trip).

When I looked at reviews online others had the same experience and were stunned to be told "no refund".  And I wasn't allowed to leave a review because I hadn't spent at least $50 this year.  Really?  I've spent way more than that!  Contacted their CS and got a useless rote reply, reiterating the "$50 threshhold" idea.

So, shop where it's best for you.  We are very lucky to have so many options.  I don't see the point of blaming retailers like Walmart or Amazon for doing what they're meant to do.

Honored Contributor

@LCR 

I recently got a notice that my Amazon pkg had been delivered.  I looked all over for it.  Noticed the photo and I could tell by the photo where it was.  I live in the country with no houses within 300 yds in any direction.  The house to the north is way off the road but they have an iron entrance with a cattle guard.  That's where my pkg was Smiley Tongue