Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

That lady must have had an amazing personality!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Thank you.  I didn't know!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I support local and refuse to buy anything from Amazon.

Amazon is why small business's have closed and sooner than you think they'll be able to charge whatever what they want because there won't be a any competition.

I know I'm in the small percentage of people who do not support them but I cannot see spending over $100 for Prime, actually Amazon should be paying me to shop there.  

We're in the age of instant gratification and want everything now, funny how we can't wait for roughly 2-1/2 minutes for a bag of popcorn to pop in a microwave.   Crazy stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Amazon is why small business's have closed and sooner than you think they'll be able to charge whatever what they want because there won't be a any competition.

I know I'm in the small percentage of people who do not support them but I cannot see spending over $100 for Prime, actually Amazon should be paying me to shop there.  

We're in the age of instant gratification and want everything now, funny how we can't wait for roughly 2-1/2 minutes for a bag of popcorn to pop in a microwave.   Crazy stuff.

certainly understand this, 

I just bought a slipcover for my couch,  they are not easy to find price was right, came quickly and it was really just great.   

I shop locally as much as I can as well 

Respected Contributor

i love my amazon prime!  like @Kachina624 , i buy even the most insignificant drug store items there.  why? i always know exactly what i am looking for. i am 71 now, and when i am standing in a drug store trying to find the item that has no sulfates, or some other significant ingredient, it is so difficult with the mask, the glasses fogging up, having to bend down to the bottom shelf and them feeling like i am going to pass out .... it has just become a royal PITA.  (and then after i read all the ingredients on each container,  they don't even have the one i am looking for!) thank goodness for amazon!!!      i actually purchase a lot of clothing on amazon as well.  again, i want my capris at 17-19", i want my tops 26" long ... and on and on.   it's so much easier to shop from the comfort of my chair.  

Honored Contributor

I have always perferred online shopping. For clothing, it beats going to a store only not to find my size/color. The same stores online usually is not an issue.

Amazon? I'm almost tempted to tip my delivery person. He's here almost every day and leaves a photo that my pkg. is delivered and on the porch. That's service. 

I've ordered clothing, appliances, cosmetics, my Revlon Blowdry/Curler, even cases of my favorite teas or candles.

DH has a prime business account and he orders computer supplies and items for his office. Search through Staples when you know exactly what you want and cannot find it? Not anymore. 

Yes, I frequent local small business when I can, but Amamzon is progress and the way many people prefer to shop and receive next day delivery.  

Esteemed Contributor

I find that using the service of Amazon is life-enhancing.

There will be those who flagellate because "working conditions" and other things.  I worked very hard in my field (for very modest wages) and am no stranger to manual labor.  A little pampering is very welcome now.

I will support local businesses who provide what I need.  There are those that do, and I buy from them.  It's not always about cost; often it's availability.

I try to live frugally, but well, and I consider myself very fortunate.  Amazon helps me with that.

🌈🌎

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Just Bling Sorry but Walmart killed local businesses long ago.  You can't get what you need from local in most places.  Walmart is the reason China thrives.  It's the reason there is no local hardware store now and appliances are junk.  

That horse left the barn LONG ago.

Valued Contributor
We Love Amazon after holding back for awhile we caved in. The monthly fee is for shipping, easy returns at NO charge.
My only complaint was yesterday. I placed a order Friday and was supposed to be delivered Monday when I knew I'd be home, well it came yesterday. We had plans but changed them for today because I didn't want anyone to steal our items. To many are stealing packages on porches. Our neighbors who would usually grab it for me but they just moved out.
We do still support small businesses as much as possible, actually am today.
Honored Contributor

I would PAY Amazon if they would pick up some of their good boxes to reuse.  

I WOULD PAY them!  

Honored Contributor

Please think twice about buying from stores like Amazon. They are putting the small, locally owned stores out of business. 

"Pure Michigan"