Respected Contributor

Re: What removes dry skin on feet??

I use my EmJoi once a week, for a minimum of 5 minutes per foot. I just discovered Gold Bond Foot Cream this summer. Great stuff, and inexpensive! I use it every morning after my shower. It absorbs very quickly. I make a point of rubbing it well into my toenails, too, as they are dry after a spring/summer of polishing (I don't polish after the middle of September or so). It's really helped with my toenails!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin - I agree about using the Emjoi.  As with anything, consistency is key.  The Skinn Foot Fetish is a nice treatment product, but I also recommend Alpha Skin Care (formerly the Alpha Hydrox company) 12% AHA  Extra Strengh Deep Therapy Foot Cream.  It works well and is inexpensive.  I don't know if it would be available locally in your area or if you'd have to order from the website.  The good thing about ordering from the website, is that they ship free on orders of $25 and it's not too hard to get there.  Woman Wink

12% AHA Extra Strength - Deep Therapy Foot Cream

Respected Contributor

@nrm wrote:

I have a callous on my heel that nothing works on other than a Microplane for feet. I got it from Amazon. I've used creams and an Emjoi and neither worked for me. 

Someone on this board mentioned the Microplane that is made just for feet and it works.  

The Emjoi did not work for me either.  Total waste of money.  I purchased a mocroplane from the shop where I get my pedicures and it works best. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@River Song wrote:

Available at Walgreens, this is a budget-friendly, gentle glycolic acid alpha hydroxy face cream that also works on your feet:

@River Song,

I have not seen this before. Right now I use the Alpha Hydrox brand 14% aha lotion. But this one looks like something I might like to try. Walgreens site doesn't show a price. How much does this cream cost? 

Thanks for the rec.

@SilleeMee,

I think the price is around $9 or so, I guess the price varies by store.  I believe this is a Walgreens 'house brand' and I usually find it on the bottom shelf of the face cream section.  It's very easy to miss and they periodically rename it and/or change the packaging!  Anyway, I really like it, it's readily available, it's inexpensive, and it's not greasy like some of the Alpha Hydrox creams are.  I use it at night on my face and the light bulb went on...why not use it on my feet, too, LOL.  Works great!

Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@nrm wrote:

I have a callous on my heel that nothing works on other than a Microplane for feet. I got it from Amazon. I've used creams and an Emjoi and neither worked for me. 

Someone on this board mentioned the Microplane that is made just for feet and it works.  

The Emjoi did not work for me either.  Total waste of money.  I purchased a mocroplane from the shop where I get my pedicures and it works best. 

For the Emili you may need the super coarse roller.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all soooo much...I'm writing these suggestions down and I'll be on my way to beautiful feet!!!!