Honored Contributor

New Evine Beauty Line - Cover FX Premieres at 9a ET 9/16

090816_7821_CoverFX_DB.jpg

Cover FX is a prestigious cosmetic line proud to offer one of the most ethnically diverse shade systems available. This collection features foundations, primers and concealers to help provide exact tone-to-tone coverage for those who struggle to find their perfect match.

About Derek Selby

With almost 30 years in the beauty industry, Derek Selby has held many positions from training, product development, PR, to spokesperson and more. His experience on live television working with models, actresses and everyday customers has not only afforded him unique insights as to what makes people feel beautiful, it's forged his passion for doing so.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Re: New Evine Beauty Line - Cover FX Premieres at 9a ET 9/16

This looks like a good one for @ChazzyLady and @CoG who both voiced their displeasure over the choices available to them most times online.  Hope they see it.  Thanks @Chi-town girl .  I may just tune in to see what the schtick is that makes this one different!Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

There is a 2nd 1hr show at 8p ET. I'm setting the DVR to record the shows, looks like an interesting line. 

312-245
 Tapered Concealer Brush Evine Price $20.00

312-133
Anti-Aging Smoothing Eye Makeup Primer Price $34.00

312-258

Illuminating Setting Powder Evine Price $32.00

312-246
Oil Control Custom Blot Drops Evine Price $42.00

312-250
Cream Color Correct Click Evine Price $18.00

312-254
 Custom blending brush Evine Price $40.00

312-255
Choice of Calming or Anti-aging or Illuminating Primer Price $38.00

312-256
Choice of Hydrating Custom Infusion Drops Price $48.00

312-259
Dual ended contour brush Evine Price $38.00

312-251
Cream Highlighting & Illuminating Enhance Click  Price $18.00

312-244
Buildable Coverage Cream Concealer Evine Price $27.00

312-253
Coverage Control Custom cover drops Evine Price $44.00

312-257
Total cover cream foundation EVINE Price $42.00

312-247
Conceal & Define  Perfect Pencil Evine Price $20.00

312-249
Cream Foundation Cover Click Evine Price $18.00

312-252
Highlighting & Illuminating contour kit  Price $48.00

312-142
 Custom Infusion Drops & Primer set Preferred Price $35.92

312-137
Highlighting & Illuminating contour kit w/dual ended brush Preferred Price $52.89

312-148
 Cream Foundation & Enhance Hylighter w/click stick Try Me $29.60

312-136
Conceal & Define Perfect Pencil Duo  Try Me $24.92

312-141
 Custom cover drops w/blending brush Evine Price $70.00

312-132
Cream concealer w/tapered concealer brush Evine Price $40.00

312-143
Total cover cream foindation & Illuminating setting powder Evine Price $39.00

312-134
 Powder foundation brush Evine Price $42.00

312-135
 Flat-top liquid foundation brush Evine Price $38.00

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

This line is carried at my local Sephora as it's an....odd line when it comes to foundation color. Supposedly they are bring out more shades/drops but as it stands now, their lightest shade is too dark for me; there is also an odd orange cast to many of their shades. It reminds me of foundation from the 70's that made women look orange/peach.

EVINE may offer some great deals on kits but if you can get to  Sephora for samples/swatches, do so. 

Trusted Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

This looks like a good one for @ChazzyLady and @CoG who both voiced their displeasure over the choices available to them most times online.  Hope they see it.  Thanks @Chi-town girl .  I may just tune in to see what the schtick is that makes this one different!Woman Wink

I sure did see it!  They had a commercial while Dimitri was on. Can't wait.  Trying not to get too excited about it though, because so many have been disappointing.  But then Dimitri"s Plasma Fusion was a complete and fabulous surprise so maybe----

Esteemed Contributor

CoverFX is a Canadian line of cosmetics, they specialize in cover makeup similar to Dermablend. They have obviously expanded their makeup line quite a bit, especially for Sephora and now Evine. Derek Selby is a frequent guest on the Canadian daily talk show "Cityline" doing makeup segments and makeovers on fashion fridays.

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

This line is carried at my local Sephora as it's an....odd line when it comes to foundation color. Supposedly they are bring out more shades/drops but as it stands now, their lightest shade is too dark for me; there is also an odd orange cast to many of their shades. It reminds me of foundation from the 70's that made women look orange/peach.

EVINE may offer some great deals on kits but if you can get to  Sephora for samples/swatches, do so. 

Yay!  Thanks for your view of the hue of foundation.  I hurried to order tonight because things are already selling out.  Without having seen any demonstrations I wondered if the neutral tone I ordered in the drops and compact would be grey.  If there is too much color for you it just might work for me!

Honored Contributor

@CoGThere are many women at my local Sephora with darker skin with a range from red to green to blue undertones; the woman I usually deal with has a true dark coffee complexion with peachy/warm undertone to her skin and she LOVES the line. I was talking to her about lighter shades and she agreed that the line still has to evolve for paler, olive and the very dark skin tones but the company informed Sephora more shades were to come. There is a SA who has a true dark olive complexion and she can not wear any shade in the line.

It's interesting how the color may look perfect but the undertone can destroy it on the skin; that is, if there' s a color even close to YOUR color, ya know? Hope it works for you!!! : )

Honored Contributor

Clearly its reputation proceeds the line since a lot of the stuff is limited already! Especially the brushes!

The illuminator/highlighter 'clicks' look interesting.

Can't wait to see the demonstrations.

Honored Contributor

And I have to mention that Sam looks phenomenal in the picture!