Respected Contributor

What removes dry skin on feet??

I'm looking for something I can apply at night, or before I do my pedicure to remove build up of dry skin on toes, and heels.   I do my own pedicures every two weeks, because I keep getting so much dry skin, especially at tips of toe nails.  I purposely keep nails short, and buff, and use a scrub, but it comes back too soon.   I'm soooo much work!

I was looking for some type of glycolic, but I'm not finding anything for feet.   

Once I visited a Podiatrist, for a broken toe, and he said my toes get this build up because of the way I walk.   He said just to moisturize them, but that's not taking care of the problem.   I need to maintain after my pedicures.. need the dead skin OFF!!  Please help....Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Re: What removes dry skin on feet??

@Dazlin

IMO, you have to start from scratch.

Try this:

Image result for baby foot mask

Then follow up with the Emjoi.  You can get on a moisture plan after all of the dead skin is gone.

Image result for emjoi pedi

Honored Contributor

Another vote for the micro pedi. My feet were a mess , but when I use this regularly, they stay in good shape.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

On damp feet, use pumice stone to remove dry skin.

Use Vaseline to cover feet.  Use a lot where dry skin is prevalent.

Wear socks (cotton) to bed.

In the morning your feet will be nice & soft.

If you do not want to use Vaseline, use Eucerin in the jar-cream version.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I use the "scrub daddy" with shampoo to scrub my feet in the shower.  It takes off the dry skin and I am happy with the way my feet feel.  Lotions at night with socks don't work for me, they still feel rough.

Frequent Contributor

My husband has very dry feet. He uses a emjoi and then puts Korres natural body lotion that we get at HSN or Ulta. It has really helped.

Super Contributor

My dermatologist recommended  CeraVe for my dry skin and I Use on my feet. Get the CREAM not the lotion, its much thicker and in a jar. I get it at cvs or walgreens whenever on sale.

Respected Contributor

After years of trying everything on the market, I got the Emjoi Micro Pedi. Changed my life, no more dry, cracked, sore spots. Even assisted in ridding me of a soft corn.

My feet look and feel sandal ready 100% of the time. Worth it.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Something as simple as vaseline and a pair of socks overnight works wonders.   

Respected Contributor

You can work to remove the dry skin, but why not prevent it to begin with with?  Old fashioned remedy works best: Lots of Vaseline and clean socks when you go to bed..  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York