Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite Eye-Shadow Primer?

I use Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow. Bone or Shore works great.
Regular Contributor

I used Mary Kay eye primer for years and really like it.   I only stopped using it because my friend stopped selling it.

I now go between bare minerals 5 in 1 and Laura Gellar eye spackle.  They both work great. 

Respected Contributor

NYX makes a great eye primer for about $8 I think. The product lasts forever and so will your eye makeup. I also like Laura Geller Invisible Spackle but NYX is cheaper and does the job.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I discovered NYX eyeshadow base over a year ago.  It comes in three shades; fleshtone, white and pearl.  I prefer the fleshtone.  A few months ago, I bought the Skinn eyeshadow primer kit that has the cream base and light finishing powder.  I'm not terribly fond of it.  I mean, it works, but the powder is so light and it flies all over the place when you open the container and try to get it on your brush.  I'm not reordering that one and have resumed using the NYX.

JLF, I also like the NYX in fleshtone. It works as good as any of the more expensive ones on the market. I have been wanting to try Skinn's so glad to hear your review.

Honored Contributor

Love Laura Geller's primer!  My eyes are deep set and oily.  No problems even in hot sun at craft shows!!!

Regular Contributor

I just recently bought the BE 5-in-1 in the color Soft Linen.  I like something that brightens the eye area as I've used the Trish McEvoy one before.  Like the TM one, I like that the BE one doesn't cause your brush to drag due to stickiness. I have tried the UD Enigma one as well and like the tone of it but it does cause my brush to drag, then, I get color deposited too heavily in just one area.  I am going to try that white NYX shadow base if I can ever remember to p/u on sale. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@UMDTerpFan - Yep, I've tried Trish's too. Used it on and off as my DD and I would get in kits.   I just bought BE 5-in-1 and it is so similar.  As far as the colors, I bought Soft Linen but I also want to try the very lightest Shell color (I think this will be closest to Bare in TM).   I got my BE 5-in-1 on sale for around $11 and I think Trish's full-size is $25, so I thought it would be worth it to try. 

Sorry, I tried to respond directly to your post (like a quote or link it),  and I can't figure out this new forum system. 

Esteemed Contributor

I received a Smashbox eyeshadow primer sample, and I like it.  A few months ago some people posted here about the Elf eyeshadow primer.  For the price, I think it works pretty well too.

Honored Contributor

@gotpaw wrote:

@UMDTerpFan - Yep, I've tried Trish's too. Used it on and off as my DD and I would get in kits.   I just bought BE 5-in-1 and it is so similar.  As far as the colors, I bought Soft Linen but I also want to try the very lightest Shell color (I think this will be closest to Bare in TM).   I got my BE 5-in-1 on sale for around $11 and I think Trish's full-size is $25, so I thought it would be worth it to try. 

Sorry, I tried to respond directly to your post (like a quote or link it),  and I can't figure out this new forum system. 

FYI: When you click "reply" to a post and the comment box appears, click on "QUOTE" right above the box on the right. The reply to which you want to respond will appear.

Then type your reply below the quote. Don't start a new paragraph for your reply. What that does is put your reply in the quote box. Just start typing below the quote.

Easy peasy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gotpaw wrote:

FYI: When you click "reply" to a post and the comment box appears, click on "QUOTE" right above the box on the right. The reply to which you want to respond will appear.

Then type your reply below the quote. Don't start a new paragraph for your reply. What that does is put your reply in the quote box. Just start typing below the quote.

Easy peasy.

@suzyQ3 Thanks so much.  I appreciate the tutorial....worked like a charm Smiley Wink