Valued Contributor

Re: What is your favorite Eye-Shadow Primer?

Not marketed as an eye shadow primer but works better than any I tried, I would recommend the Maybelline Color Tattoos cream eye shadow.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi JMF!! Woman Very Happy I also recommend the BareMinerals 5-in-1 creams.  I use light, nude shades to neutralize eyelid discoloration, and leave it as my all over primer and lid color.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm another one who found the Urban Decay shadow primers to be so creamy that it makes the lids extra oily.  I have had good success with Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Laura Geller's Eye Spackle.  I recently tried Bobbi Brown's Long-wear Cream Shadow Sticks and really like them as a base moreso than as my eyeshadow.  That said the fact that they can perform double duty as the eyeshadow can be very convenient for using fewer products and speeding up putting on my makeup.  

Bare Minerals 5-in-1 BB Cream Eyeshadow is next up on my list to try.  I'm digging the idea of using something colored as my shadow base.  As long as the colors are light and in the bare/nude family, I can opt to apply additional color or wear alone.  

Trusted Contributor

I have dark tear stained eyelids and so far the only primer that neutralizes the darkness for me is Trish McEvoy's Eye Base Essentials in Bare. It's expensive & I go through it pretty quick so I usually order a couple directly from Trish when she has a sale and gifts with purchase.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Too faced shadow insurance and Loracs the best.

Both are cruelty free if that matters to you.

Super Contributor

Smashbox 24 hour eye primer

Trusted Contributor

Too Faced works for me. I tried UD but it made my eyes sting. With Too Faced my shadow stays put all day until I remove it. I have oily lids. 

Trusted Contributor

Lancôme primer with a Laura Geller eye pickle color over it.  My go to formula for color that stays.

Trusted Contributor

Spackle not pickle!

Honored Contributor