Respected Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 8/20

Hello!

Not a single thing for me this week, but it's always fun to see what others are using and using up!

Be well!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Not too much for me this week.

I pitched:

Algenist Bronzer - it had a little left but I haven't used it since switching to Physicians Formula so out it went.

I used up:

Secret Key Galactomyces First Essence - replaced with Mizon Skin Power Originsl First Essence 

Alpha Skin Care Nourishing Eye Cream - not replacing, will use the CeraVe Eye Cream both AM & PM

Soap bar from a home artisan - replaced with another of the same kind. 

@JeanLouiseFinch - would you mind letting me know what you think of the CeraVe eye cream once you've used it for a bit?  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I haven't used up anything, but just tossed a dozen lipsticks/glosses that I no longer wear. I feel lighter. 💄💄💄

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Paula's Choice 2% BHA - This is a staple and I always have a backup. My kids use it too.

Verb Tone & Brighten + Hydrate Purple Mask - Since I'm growing out my natural silver hairs I wanted to see if purple conditioner makes a difference.  I didn't see any change so I won't repurchase one yet. 

Tossed:

Supergoop Shimmershade in Daydream - I like the concept of a sunscreen for eyelids as makeup but this just doesn't last long. I can't use it up before the expiration date. I've tried all the shades and also wish they would come out with a matte shade.

Honored Contributor

@kathie66    What happened to the originator of this thread?  I believe her name started with mom______.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 that would be @momoftwo2007  who still posts on the thread each week. 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't use up anything but I did a mini declutter of lipsticks and sunscreens I don't like enough to keep.

The Canadian version of Anthelios SPF 50 face sunscreen is one I don't like even though it has good reviews. I find it doesn't dry down and is too shiny. I prefer Japanese sunscreens instead so I decluttered the bottle of Anthelios.

I also tried the tinted Anthelios sunscreen cream that comes in a tube and don't like it either as it leaves streaks and does not sheer out very well. I had to use a damp sponge in order to get rid of streaky patches of sunscreen on my face.

I decluttered lipstick, liners, and glosses that are too dark such as wine or dark berry. I seldom use lip liner and too dark shades just look aging on me. I decluttered a couple of Milani lip glosses as they became sticky feeling.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

WEN pomegranate glossing serum. (Had another in reserve.)

Between Carol's Daughter & Save Me, the glossing serum does wonders for my hair!

Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

Happy weekend beauties!

I used up: Tresemme Hairspray number 4 11oz- This is my usual everyday hairspray and replaced with the same.

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water 1.05oz sample size- This seemed to do a decent job taking my makeup off and made my skin feel nice and soft, but I had to use 4 cotton rounds just to get some foundation off, not even counting any eye makeup.

I guess that's why I don't understand the appeal of the micellar waters, you just have to use so much and go over and over so many times. I got this as a sample but won't purchase full size. I will just stick to a cleansing balm or a face wipe, it's just easier in my opinion.

@rnmom 

IMO Micellar Water isn't for 1st cleanse, it's for taking off any left behind mascara etc.

I wash my face with a cleanser (cetaphil, purity, cleansing balm) then do a once over with micellar water.

I dry my face with one of those make up eraser clothes - that gets some left behind makeup off too. HTH

@scatcat - That makes much more sense actually. That's just what I was thinking as I was using it, that it would be a good final cleanse, kind of like a toner, to get off any residual. I could see why someone would like it then, it did make my skin feel nice and soft. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Not too much for me this week.

I pitched:

Algenist Bronzer - it had a little left but I haven't used it since switching to Physicians Formula so out it went.

I used up:

Secret Key Galactomyces First Essence - replaced with Mizon Skin Power Originsl First Essence 

Alpha Skin Care Nourishing Eye Cream - not replacing, will use the CeraVe Eye Cream both AM & PM

Soap bar from a home artisan - replaced with another of the same kind. 

@JeanLouiseFinch - would you mind letting me know what you think of the CeraVe eye cream once you've used it for a bit?  Thanks!

Hi @JudyL  I've been using it in the AM for about a month, but just started with it at night. I like that the CeraVe contains ceramides and it's lightweight enough so it doesn't pull the skin down. My habit is to put my facial treatment serums carefully up in my under eye area.  That happens first and then the CeraVe eye cream on top. For me, it provides enough moisture without the area becoming greasy.  It's not quite as moisturizing as the Alpha Skin Care product or the Mad Hippie that I used for a long time, but it's still a very fine product, IMO, and very budget friendly. I haven't experienced any irritation or negative reaction to it.