Trusted Contributor

What did you use up this week? 8/20

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment- I really liked this. Would repurchase in the future. Replaced with Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector from the stash.

32 oz. WEN Pink Lemonade CC- a new favorite, love this scent and formula. Replaced with an open Pomegranate with just a little left from the stash.

Travel Size Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer- replaced with the same from stash. I like this.

16 oz. Philosophy Mimosa 3 n 1-  enjoyed using this up as handsoap at the kitchen sink. Replaced with Philosophy Orange Chiffon from the stash.

How about you?

Have a good weekend. Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 8/20

Hello Kathie and beauty friends......  I used up:

Wen treatment mist, 6 oz.  lavender.    I bought a two pack, and I really didn’t care for this fragrance.  I replaced with my absolute favorite, Jasmine pink peony from my stash.  I won’t repurchase the lavender.  Will donate the other 6oz bottle.  We have a “share” basket at work in the ladies room.  

Clinique moisture surge, 2.5 oz.  love moisture surge.  I replaced with a 3.4 oz Dr. Denese dream cream in a jar.  Forgot I had this, it was opened, but probably 3/4 full.  

Have a safe, happy weekend.  It’s been hot here, I’m ready for fall.

Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-a packet of Coola Mineral Sun Silk Creme Sunscreen SPF 30.  This is the best mineral sunscreen I've tried that is not silicone-based.  It wears well under makeup and doesn't leave much of a white cast.  I have another sample of it to use.  May purchase.

-a full size Coola Classic Sunscreen SPF 30 Unscented.  This is not a mineral sunscreen.  It wears well under makeup.  I was unable to find this same one in unscented.  They have SPF 30 in a scented version, or unscented in SPF 50.  Not sure what happened to this exact product.

-a jar of Deep Steep Argan Oil Body Butter in Mango Papaya scent.  This was a very nice product.  I liked this best as a hand cream.  It was a pleasure to use.

Enjoy your weekend, everybody!!

People's Daily, China on Twitter: "Summer is here: Swedish photographer  takes creative summertime photos, capturing cute #squirrels eating ice  cream and enjoying the summer… https://t.co/G33t1aLWTN"

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Good morning beauties.  I used up a couple of things and tossed one.

Used up:

Alba Botanica Very Emollient Cream - full size.  This is a huge pump bottle.  This isn't a favorite of mine.  It is unscented but has a weird smell to it.  Almost like play-doh or something.  Maybe it's wax.  I don't know but I'd not be inclined to buy this again.  I replaced with a J.R. Watkins lotion that so far is very nice. 

Generic Value Products Sculpting Mousse - full size.  This is the Sally Beauty Supply version of Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam with conditioners.  This is a staple for me and I replaced with the same.  

Tossed:

Matrix High Amplify Proforma Hairspray - full size.  I bought this when Beauty Brands had their 50% off hairspray sale.  This was way too stiff for my hair.  It made my hair feel dried out and crunchy.  I didn't care for the smell either.  I managed to use up about 3/4 of the bottle and couldn't take it anymore.    

Respected Contributor

I don't remember finishing any products this week. Have a great weekend Beauty Friends!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, Beauties!

I used up a deluxe sample size of Skinn Age Reset Serum. I think I got that from the Beauty with Benefits bag.  It feels nice and I will definitely use it again if it comes in a kit. I don't think I'll go out of my way to purchase the full size, though.

I also used up a mimi size of Perlier Hemp Hand Cream. It smells nice. It has a hearbal smell. And it feels super moisturizing. It is definitely worth buying a full size sometime in the distant future (after I finish my big stash of body butters).

That is all for me this week.  Have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  I used up Burt's Bees oil cleanser.  Have replaced with Paula's Choice oil cleanser.

Thats it for me this week.  Hope everyone is doing well and stay safe!

Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties!

I used up: Tresemme Hairspray number 4 11oz- This is my usual everyday hairspray and replaced with the same.

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water 1.05oz sample size- This seemed to do a decent job taking my makeup off and made my skin feel nice and soft, but I had to use 4 cotton rounds just to get some foundation off, not even counting any eye makeup.

I guess that's why I don't understand the appeal of the micellar waters, you just have to use so much and go over and over so many times. I got this as a sample but won't purchase full size. I will just stick to a cleansing balm or a face wipe, it's just easier in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

Happy weekend beauties!

I used up: Tresemme Hairspray number 4 11oz- This is my usual everyday hairspray and replaced with the same.

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water 1.05oz sample size- This seemed to do a decent job taking my makeup off and made my skin feel nice and soft, but I had to use 4 cotton rounds just to get some foundation off, not even counting any eye makeup.

I guess that's why I don't understand the appeal of the micellar waters, you just have to use so much and go over and over so many times. I got this as a sample but won't purchase full size. I will just stick to a cleansing balm or a face wipe, it's just easier in my opinion.

@rnmom 

IMO Micellar Water isn't for 1st cleanse, it's for taking off any left behind mascara etc.

I wash my face with a cleanser (cetaphil, purity, cleansing balm) then do a once over with micellar water.

I dry my face with one of those make up eraser clothes - that gets some left behind makeup off too. HTH

Honored Contributor

Not too much for me this week.

I pitched:

Algenist Bronzer - it had a little left but I haven't used it since switching to Physicians Formula so out it went.

I used up:

Secret Key Galactomyces First Essence - replaced with Mizon Skin Power Originsl First Essence 

Alpha Skin Care Nourishing Eye Cream - not replacing, will use the CeraVe Eye Cream both AM & PM

Soap bar from a home artisan - replaced with another of the same kind.