Frequent Contributor

I have been playing with my it cosmetics celebration foundation and am wanting to buy the super size before its gone , I tried on my foundation tonight and went and asked my daughter what it looks like on me,she says White and dry looking had the color (light on)so I go and wash that off and put on the Medium color and ask her again what it looked like on me,she says ok but it looks dry or your face looks dry,so What am I doing wrong? 

Honored Contributor

Re: What am I doing wrong?

[ Edited ]

@MeadowLark  If I can assume that you don't have any surface texture or dryness issues prior to application, then I don't think you're doing anything wrong.  This is just an unfortunate result that some people end up with.  It's not for everyone.  I was using it for awhile and thought I liked it, but then I got a good look at myself in a magnifying mirror (or maybe it was the car mirror in outdoor lighting) and didn't like what I saw.  I stopped using it and pitched my used compacts.  I like Laura Geller's Baked Elements and Josie Maran's Matchmaker Powdered Foundation much more.  

Respected Contributor

If I don't start with a moisturizer ahead of applying these foundations, I look dry too.  I know they say these products have moistutizer in them, but I at least have to have a serum on.  I also lighten up on how much product I apply too.  Less is better.  I mostly use IT, Laura Gellar, and bare minerals. 

Respected Contributor

She makes the same one but it is luminizing and much better.

Respected Contributor

@MeadowLark I don't think you are doing anything "wrong"...this foundation just may not be the right one for you. I tried it awhile back, thought it looked great until one day around lunchtime I got close to the mirror and looked...it had separated into little patches all over my face! I gave it another couple of tries, same result. Went running right back to my Laura Geller Balance & Brighten, which I've used for several years with no issues, so I know it's not just that the IT foundation is a "powder". No product works for everyone.

Thank goodness there are tons of choices out there!

Honored Contributor

@MeadowLark wrote:

I have been playing with my it cosmetics celebration foundation and am wanting to buy the super size before its gone , I tried on my foundation tonight and went and asked my daughter what it looks like on me,she says White and dry looking had the color (light on)so I go and wash that off and put on the Medium color and ask her again what it looked like on me,she says ok but it looks dry or your face looks dry,so What am I doing wrong? 

Maybe using the wrong foundation, but here are some things you might try before giving up.

• Make sure you moisturize first and give your moisturizer time to absorb before applying foundation.
  • If you aren't using a primer, give one a try. They make a big difference with a lot of foundations. 
  • Apply lightly, then layer more on in places where if you need more coverage. Powder foundations can go wrong fast if you apply too much at once.
  • Try applying with a lightly dampened sponge, like a Beauty Blender. I use a damp sponge for my setting powder and it works very well. The Real Techniques sponge is every bit as good as a real Beauty Blender and you can buy 2 or 3 of them for the price of one Beauty Blender.
Super Contributor

This is my favorite foundation. The only powder I've been able to use and doesn't break me out. I use my CeraVe moisturizing lotion and let it dry, then add a layer of powder, then add where ever needs more. By the time I'm done with the rest of my makeup the powdery look goes away. I think this foundation looks even better through out the day. If you need to add a little more on the t-zone later in the day, it still looks good. I did sign up for auto delivery because its a good deal. I do have more of a dry skin.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for replying to my post   will try a different moisturizer and primer so I will hold off on buying the super size this year .  Glad to know that this foundation doesn't work for everyone and I am not alone Woman Happy

Contributor

I'm like you, still trying to decide if I like it or not. I got the TSV in medium which is a little too light, so I ordered the super size in tan. The tan is still too light, but is very yellow looking on me...so it's on its way back to QVC. What I did want to tell you is try misting your face with water, that did seem to help my face from looking powdery. If you can find a bottle with a very fine mist. I used an empty UD all nighter makeup spray bottle.